Maintenance Technician II
- Job Reference: 425087442-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Ilitch
- Location: New Boston, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
The Maintenance Technician position provides general electrical/mechanical support to Champion Foods manufacturing facility in the areas of manufacturing equipment maintenance and repair, and facility/utility maintenance and repair. The Maintenance Technician employs a positive, professional attitude at all times and communicates effectively in a team environment that includes personnel from management, maintenance, production, sanitation, quality assurance, Etc.
Essential Job Functions:
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment and share knowledge of applicable mechanical concepts/principles to other Maintenance personnel.
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility and utilities (i.e. compressed air, water boilers & HVAC units).
* Provide troubleshooting and repair of facility electrical equipment that includes single phase AC circuits and DC circuits.
* Perform daily equipment change overs and set ups.
* Must be able to execute position requirements with little or no supervision.
* Read and interpret mechanical and electrical manuals/ schematics as required.
* Provide operating instructions and/or training of production line manufacturing equipment to other facility associates.
* Perform preventive Maintenance tasks as scheduled and report results.
* Complete work order tasks as assigned and report results.
* Provide technical assistance to reduce /eliminate issues associated with equipment, performance, quality and safety.
* Perform special projects from time to time as assigned by maintenance management in a cost effective and timely manner.
* Inform the appropriate facility personnel of any necessary modifications or system malfunctions that would affect their area of operation.
* Utilize existing future maintenance maintenance mangement systems effectively.
* Help insure plant and manufacturing equipment are in compliance with all government and local regulations as well as all internal policies associated with FDA, USDA, HACCP, GMP and others.
* Perform other and incidental duties as assigned.
* Maintain a safe and neat working area in compliance with all OSHA and Food Plant regulations.
* Maintain a proactive attitude in order to ensure maximum efficiency and longer run-time of production line manufacturing equipment.
* Ensure that production line equipment is left in a functional state for subsequent shifts.
* Performs work in a safe manner and works within company policies.
* Perform non-technical assignments as requested by Maintenance management.
* Maintain tools in good working condition and report damaged tools immediately.
* High school Diploma or GED
* Must obtain the minimum assessment level required for a Maintenance Technician I as established by the maintenance department.
* Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary.
* Must be trust worthy and have strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to use independent reasoning and judgment.
* Must pay great attention to detail.
* Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of plant personnel.
* Must be a problem solver and display a "Can Do Attitude" at all times
* Must be a self-motivated and willing to make decisions.
* Must adhere to GMP regulations and procedures.
* Must be willing to continue education and or training.
* Communications Skills
* Troubleshooting Skills
* Documentation Skills
* Safety practices
* Completion of assigned projects and tasks
* Works in a variety of locations in the building as well as some outside work. Production areas, offices, freezers, common areas, elevators and restrooms, silos, as well as on the roof. Position may require continuous standing, squatting, lifting, sitting, bending and moving of heavy weight (over 50 pounds) material in difficult work positions.
* The ability to work in confined spaces (permit required areas) and complete all height related assignments.