Maintenance Technician II
- Job Reference: 425086313-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: WhiteWater
- Location: Sandwich, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
For more than 40 years, WhiteWater has been managing, operating, and maintaining municipal and private water and wastewater facilities throughout the northeast with pride and professionalism. We are a subsidiary of R.H. White, an award winning construction services and solutions company, that has been in business since 1923.
WhiteWater was named 2019 Utility of the Year by the New England Water Works Association and is passionately focused on safely performing great work with our people for our clients. Help us fulfill our mission of protecting public health and (the environment) our most precious natural resource water.
The Maintenance Tech II will perform maintenance related duties that ensure the proper operation and maintenance of assigned water or wastewater facilities.
* Schedule and perform Preventative Maintenance work, and coordinate work with outside vendors
* Perform reactive maintenance
* Identify and resolve safety issues
* Maintain safety equipment and supplies and site specific maintenance forms
* Identify opportunities for improvement for the operation and maintenance of assigned facilities.
* Interact with Maintenance and Operations Supervisors to ensure proper facilitation of maintenance request forms
* Interact with Service Technician operators to ensure proper operation and compliance of facility
* Interact with clients and regulatory agencies as necessary
* Interact with subcontractors as necessary
* Perform maintenance of facilities to ensure equipment remains in good working order
* Other duties as required
* Education or background in water and/or wastewater treatment
* Seven to ten years' experience as a Maintenance Technician preferred
* Three to five years in a regulated industry preferred
* Relevant environmental experience shall include but not be limited to: water/wastewater treatment plant troubleshooting, operation and maintenance, collection and analysis of wastewater and water, hazardous
* material storage containment.
* Ability to read, interpret and utilize information found in blueprints, schematics, technical manuals diagrams and equipment specifications.
* Knowledge of MA regulatory requirements
* Must possess a valid unrestricted driver's license
R.H. White provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.