Maintenance Technician IV
- Job Reference: 425086078-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Igloo
- Location: Katy, Texas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Summary Statement:
This position is responsible for repairing equipment as efficiently and effectively as possible. This position is critical to production uptime by expediting corrective action, creating optimum sequence PLC program changes, and integrating reliability solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Troubleshoot equipment for repairs such as: Repair or rebuild hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical controlled production equipment.
* Read and interpret electrical schematics, and hydraulic drawings is essential.
* Support production with technical services when line mechanics/technicians falter. Perform all duties safely.
* Assist in skills training to Maintenance Technicians 1 & 2's.
* Practice 5S daily.
* New project design, implementation, and existing equipment.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
* Education: High school diploma or equivalency.
* Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years related work experience in manufacturing. Must be proficient repairing/rebuilding hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical controlled production equipment.
* English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
* Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Physical Demands: Manufacturing environment. Able to lift 60 lbs., stoop and bend. Willing to work weekend and night shift.
* Work environment: Warehouse is hot and humid in summer months, cold in winter months.
* The ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, and hydraulic drawings is essential.
* Experience operating forklifts.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Allen Bradley/GE Fanuc PLC maintenance and programming is desirable, Knowledge of plastic molding and form machine functions and Familiarity with industrial products; preferably plastic mfg. experience.
* Technical degree.
* Troubleshooting, repair/rebuild of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
* Data record accuracy and accountability.
* Safety practices.
* Performance reliability.
Igloo's Code of Coolness:
WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can't be reversed. We take calculated risks and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we're willing to fail.
WE'RE SCRAPPY - We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.