- Job Reference: 425085043-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Onix Group
- Location: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the building, grounds, the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure the best possible lodging experience for each guest, within the framework of the operating guidelines of the individual hotel
* Follow the hotel's grooming and appearance guidelines and wear provided maintenance uniform and nametag at all times.
* Complete tasks and assignments on the daily Maintenance Checklist.
* Complete Maintenance Request Forms within 24 hours.
* Complete Preventive Maintenance program on a timely basis. Keep accurate logs of all PM completed on a quarterly basis. Provides full Preventive Maintenance to 2 rooms each day. Preventative items include (but not limited to: Lighting, Electrical circuits and wiring, Plumbing, HVAC, Guest room walls, Appliances, Doors and locks, Furniture, Carpet (remove stains) and Floor coverings.
* Monitor tasks in TELS and ensure that any outstanding items are completed in a timely manner.
* Practice safe working conditions under Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines to include Blood borne Pathogens.
* Practice safe chemical handling as prescribed in Material Safety and Data Sheets.
* Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed with General Manager's approval.
* Determine the need and coordinate the use of outside vendors with General Manager.
* Keep front desk informed of out-of-order rooms.
* Clear trash and empty property trash containers daily as needed (property specific).
* Sweep and clean sidewalks and stairs as needed (trash and weather related)
* Clear debris from parking lot, landscaping, and dumpster area daily.
* Ensure exterior building and grounds are clean by use of a pressure washer and blower.
* In the event of inclement weather, create a safe environment for all guests and employees within the property.
* Ensure Guest Laundry washers, dryers, vending machines and common areas are cleaned as needed (property specific).
* Maintain clean, organized maintenance workshop and storerooms.
* Ensure that all reports are prepared completely and promptly.
* Ensure that proper key controls are in effect.
* Keep Purchasing Manual up to date and only purchase approved items. Purchase Order/Receiving Log should be accurately maintained.
* Review operating statements and critique unusual overages and shortages. All efforts must be made to meet budgeted goals. Consistent preparation of budget progress reports and will participate in annual budgeting process as required by the General Manager.
* Servicing the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
* Perform additional assignments as required.
* Must obtain, if does not possess, CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certificate.
* 2 years of mechanic experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
* Must be able to bend, kneel, lift, push, carry and pull up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to reach overhead, climb, crouch, and twist required.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be available/on-call 24 hours a day for facility emergencies.
* Must be reliable; willing to work weekends and holidays.
* Valid driver's license required.