- Job Reference: 425085035-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Morgan Properties
- Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation's largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Established in 1985 by Mitchell Morgan, Morgan Properties is a national real estate investment and management company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Morgan Properties and its affiliates currently own and manage a multifamily portfolio comprised of over 350 apartment communities and over 90,000 units located in 20 states. The Company is the nation's largest private multifamily owner, with over 2,500 employees. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every person is valued. We're always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
We are currently looking for a hard-working and customer service minded individual with prior apartment maintenance experience to fulfill a Service Technician need at our properties. As a maintenance technician, you'll be responsible for trouble-shooting service issues that our residents encounter including - HVAC, general appliance work, carpentry, and plumbing.
You'll work with the members of the maintenance team to ensure that both the inside and the exterior of the property meet both company standards and applicable laws. You will respond to maintenance tickets, follow-up with residents and the office staff, and work in an on-call rotation that will require nights and weekend flexibility, since property management is a 24/7 job.
What we'll expect from you:
* Well rounded experience in all facets of apartment maintenance including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and small appliance repair.
* Work alongside the maintenance and office team to provide exceptional customer service to resolve all maintenance related issues to the satisfaction of our residents.
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with both residents and office staff.
* Previous job experience: Property Maintenance, Contractors Construction workers, hotel management maintenance.
* Valid drivers' license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
* Personal vehicle required.
* Emergencies happen. In order to ensure we are addressing these issues as soon as possible, our Maintenance Technicians must live within 30 minutes of the property.
* Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* One year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* HVAC certification and/or Boiler's License a plus.
The Benefits of Employment:
* Employee referral payment program
* Educational Enhancement Program
* Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* Life/AD&D Insurance
* Long and short term disability
* Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
* Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
* Free access to pool and fitness center
* Additional employee discounts available