- Job Reference: 425084067-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Martinrea International Inc.
- Location: Manchester, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
* Maintain physical plant and equipment to ensure 100% production up-time
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent; two-year technical degree preferred and/or a minimum 5 years practical experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in Automotive
* Two years of demonstrated work experience performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on manufacturing and plant equipment, machinery and controls
* A solid working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
* Must be flexible, reliable, work well with others, and be extremely safety-oriented.
Critical Success Factors:
* Excellent attendance.
* Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written).
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to interact with the Management Team and hourly employees in a professional manner to enhance the company's performance.
* Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction.
* Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader.
* Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook.
* Responsible for housekeeping, work area, parts and equipment
* Complete routine paperwork as required
* Determines nature and cause of machine malfunction
* Removes, replaces or adjusts parts, and tests machine to verify effectiveness of repairs
* Returns repaired machines to service
* Performs preventive maintenance on machines and equipment
* Upgrades or installs machine guards and controls
* Lubricates and paints machines and equipment
* Sets up and operates lathe, grinder, welding equipment, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
* Installs and repairs plumbing, ventilation and electrical systems
* Performs other general maintenance
* Performs general building maintenance
* Documents completion of work orders and notifies requesters of job completion
* Requisitions or initiates purchase orders for repair materials, machine components and parts
* Plant Floor - PPE required
* Involves handling or working near industrial chemicals or vapors such as solvents, cleaning agents and flammable liquids
* Involves operating or working near moving mechanical equipment
* Shift work
* Work on ladders, lifts and scaffolds
* Adequate vision acuity
* Frequent long hours and overtime as required
* Ability to stand up to 12 hours during a work shift
* Ability to lift materials or objects up to 25 pounds frequently, 40+ pounds occasionally
* Ability to stoop or crouch to retrieve and/or lift equipment and work on machines
* Ability to use power tools, lathes, hand tools, etc.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
* Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures
* Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company
* This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without noticeDisclaimer:
* This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. The Company may exercise its employment at will right at any time