Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better®
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provides the required upkeep, repair and/or modifications to existing plant equipment by performing the following duties. Knowledge of various mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and civil trade disciplines are necessary for effective job performance. Demonstrates basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and ability to use Email and Internet search functions. Capable of performing assigned tasks with little, if any, supervision, and able to handle multiple priorities while demonstrating initiative, self-motivation, and safety disciplines. Capable of reading and interpreting blueprints, if available, and developing sketches from which to complete assigned tasks from a conveyed concept or desired result.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
* Performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair work. Diagnoses and remedies any equipment problems and/or failures. This may include, but not limited to: building maintenance, machinery repair, welding, pipe fitting, electrical wiring and electrical equipment repairs, and electrical troubleshooting.
* Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of electrical equipment including automatic machine and process controls, switch boards, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, electronic controls including alarm and communication systems. Establish secondary distribution centers, diagnose trouble, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective control modules, test and make necessary adjustments.
* Install, repair, wire and maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equipment and controls related to production and building equipment, including motors, machine and process controls, alarm and communication systems.
* Follows and acts on prescribed procedures and schedules pertaining to preventative maintenance. Advises supervisory personnel of items requiring attention.
* Follows directions and instructions, when provided, in performing the various assignments.
* Makes recommendations and suggestions on alternative or improved techniques and/or methodologies of achieving the desired result.
* Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly fashion. Returns unused materials to proper storage place and assures that all tools are cleaned and properly stored upon completion of task.
* Provides lists of materials needed to perform repairs and restocking needs to Manager for approval and purchasing personnel for purchase. Completes proper paperwork to account for inventory items utilized.
* Complies with, and sets the example for, all company and OSHA safety regulations for self and as relating to the welfare of all other employees.
* Refers any problems or difficulties to Maintenance Manager.
* Provides instruction and guidance to other personnel as required.
* Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
* Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
* Performs other duties assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
* Two or Four Year Degree in an Industrial Maintenance related field or High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum 5 years' experience performing a variety of maintenance activities including facilities, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Will require training with respect to guidelines for safety, hazardous material, and hazardous waste handling within six (6) months of hire and annually thereafter.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one‑on‑one and small group situations to other employees of organization.
* Ability to read and interpret imperial unit and metric unit tape measurers, dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, electrical testers and multimeters.
* Demonstrated ability and practical experience with all types of hand tools and power tools.
* Demonstrates basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and ability to use Email and Internet search functions.