The Hotel Maintenance personnel will assist with the functional, as well as cosmetic, repair and maintenance of the American Queen. Perform basic repairs and installations; provide maintenance support in all areas related to the onboard logistical operation of the hotel, as well as office operations, in support of the overall needs of the company.
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Install and repair plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
* Repair and maintain plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mend burst pipes and open clogged drains.
* Dismantle machines and equipment, replace defective parts and motors, and adjust feed mechanisms.
* Clean and lubricate machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings.
* Replace or repair machine belts.
* Notify management concerning the need for major repairs and/or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
* Replace air conditioner filters.
* Ensure tools, equipment and working areas are kept clean and in order.
* Present a professional level of customer service and appearance to all - internal and external.
* May interact with Guests, Vendors, Fire Marshalls and/or Health Inspectors.
* Accomplish established daily/weekly maintenance routines.
* Perform daily inspections of facility and perform immediate repairs as necessary.
* Complete and submit required administrative forms and reports reliably, clearly, and accurately.
* Report any maintenance or safety deficiencies that cannot be immediately corrected to management.
* Paint, repair, clean and generally improve facilities and equipment as required.
* Ensure all aspects of safety during task execution.
* Maintain supply, tool & parts inventories.
* Current knowledge & use of approved Hazmat protection required for paints, solvents & cleaning agents.
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Actively participates in embarking duties such as loading, unloading, luggage carrying, etc., as needed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
* Professional Certification(s) or License:
* USCG License in any engineering capacity desirable
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Valid MMC
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
* Five to seven years of experience required in a position with similar duties and responsibilities
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident/incident testing.
* Additional requirements may be required depending on the physical needs of the role.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Voyages, our mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
* We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
* We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
* As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Voyages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.