- Job Reference: 425085962-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Pennrose Management
- Location: Warner Robins, Georgia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
The Maintenance Technician ("MT") will have responsibilities for the maintenance and repair of an apartment development(s) which may consist of multiple buildings or a single structure.
Reporting to their assigned Maintenance Supervisor the MT will ensure their assigned apartment development(s) is maintained to company and industry standards of excellence. The MT will work with commitment to maintain an attractive, clean, well-maintained property and the mechanical systems which are a part of the development(s). As a key employee responsible for a development used around the clock by residents, the MT will be available for emergency calls and responsive to safety matters.
The MT will work collaboratively with the Maintenance Supervisor and other staff members at being a good steward of a valuable asset which is home to residents of various economic circumstances and social needs. The MT will ensure the integrity of all data entered into the company's systems.
The MT will provide excellent customer service to residents thus encouraging long-term retention.
The MT will demonstrate professionalism and will diligently pursue their own professional development by fully utilizing the Pennrose Academy. The MT will report to a Maintenance Supervisor.
* Effectively manage the unit make-ready program to company standards which is 5 business days
* Work collaboratively with the Maintenance Supervisor to successfully complete apartment unit inspections for both move-in and move-out to include preparing estimates of damage for collection purpose
* Seek cost savings and best practices and share them with colleagues
* Embrace the company's use of technology by optimizing the use of Yardi Maintenance Mobile
* Utilize Yardi's Procure to Pay to maximize savings
* Follow the company's Risk Management directives to maintain a safe property environment
* Make repairs and perform preventative maintenance to company, industry standards and to building codes - seek the help of the Maintenance Supervisor, Regional Maintenance Manager, or Director of Project and Risk Management, or the Vice President for Capital Planning, Procurement and Energy Management before proceeding with unfamiliar measures - contact them before contacting vendors for the non-routine repair or replacement issues
* Remove snow from sidewalks and entry areas and portions of parking lots with company approved materials done following company procedures which includes maintaining a professional snow log
* Ensure all preventative maintenance processes are completed following manufacturers' guidance and maintain warranty, guarantee and key physical component identification information
* Secure and preserve a set of building plans
* Maintain common areas in a professional manner and inspect the property and its grounds daily looking for problems and solve them immediately
* Understand the property's annual operating budget and work to achieve the objectives therein
* Proactively manage to avoid surprises -maintain the property to "inspection level" every day
* Monitor utility consumption and related expense - work with the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager to optimize the use of the NWP system and responses to utility alerts
* Provide meaningful input to the capital planning process, budget process and examine expenditures for cost savings and efficiencies - share best practices with colleagues
* Work orders, preventive maintenance, apartment turns and the leasing of vacant apartment units-- all to be done within company policy timeframes while showing great customer service
* Own all maintenance, safety and resident relations aspects to your apartment development
* Teach staff about customer service, professionalism, safe work practices, effective property inspections, vendor management and the optimum use of technology / Mobile Maintenance/Yardi and Fair Housing and Risk Management initiatives
* Ensure property is prepared to excel at all property inspections, including agency and REAC without the need for surges in staff and spending, i.e. have property inspection ready at all times
* Complete those insurance administration tasks necessary to successfully conclude insurance claims
* Serve as a role model, mentor, coach and trusted resource to field staff and residents
* Assist with the Supportive Services program so that it is successful
* Support the Pennrose Academy efforts to heighten the technical expertise of staff
* Property will successfully meet all aspects of the annual operating budget
* Property inspection results will be consistently excellent
* Unit turnover and unit occupancy times will steadily improve as will tenant residency
* Insurance claim work will be administered timely and professionally
* Work order and preventative maintenance completions will meet PMC standards consistently
* Property will not experience insurance claims due to neglect on the part of staff
* Resident satisfaction surveys will yield consistently positive results
Required Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma / GED - technical training certifications a plus
* One year of property maintenance responsibilities, or similar experience
* Requires a valid driver's license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel (between properties)
* Ability to work periodic flexible hours is required. Ability to travel by plane and automobile is required.
* Ability to work at property locations within or near transitional neighborhoods
* Ability to climb stairs, take elevators, bend, squat and reach overhead, and meet standard mobility and lifting for tasks typically associated with property maintenance