Position: Manufacturing Production Laborer
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials, Refractories and Energy Services.
The Minteq International Inc. division is the premier supplier of engineered refractory lining systems, metallurgical wire products, bulk calcium and calcium alloy products, refractory measurement systems, and advanced carbon products.
MTI provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people. We recognize that MTI's ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Operator at our Baton Rouge, LA location. The Production Operator under minimal supervision, is responsible for making decisions necessary to produce a quality product at optimum production levels. Including but not limited to operating all plant equipment; performing all tasks in a safe manner; maintaining equipment as required and maintaining an organized workplace.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates the mixer circuit
- Operates the crushing circuit
- Operates the pulverizing circuit
- Adds the proper additives to batches
- Operates mobile equipment (Front End Loader & Forklift)
- Operates stretch wrap equipment
- Warehouses finished goods
- Loads outbound trucks/rail cars
- Maintains the quality of the product
- Performs all SPC functions
- Maintains equipment as required
- Maintains records related to the production, warehousing and shipping functions,
- Must perform all functions in a safe manner
- Maintains an organized workplace
- Assumes some of the responsibilities of the Process/Production Supervisor when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: At least 2 years of production experience in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Strong mechanical aptitude, mobile equipment and computer experience desirable. Lean Manufacturing experience also desirable. Communication, interpersonal, adaptability, ability to learn quickly, initiative, integrity, customer and quality focus, judgment/problem-solving, safety awareness.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, must be able to withstand the physical pressures of constant standing, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, sitting, extremes of hot and cold, as well as carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects. Must be able to handle a high level of stress. Required to make quality and processing decisions and balance multiple priorities successful.
Work Hours: May require working rotating shifts, emergency call outs, and overtime
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental/Vision plans
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $8.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location