The Integrated Genetics Division of LabCorp is seeking a Molecular Technologist to join their Molecular Diagnostics team in Westborough, MA! The Molecular Technologist will be responsible for performing complex molecular testing and results analysis according to established standard operating procedures. The Integrated Genetics-Westborough site processes extracted DNA from peripheral blood and prenatal samples (amniotic fluid and chorionic villi) for genetic testing. A variety of molecular genetics techniques are used to include Next Generation Sequencing, real time PCR, Sanger Sequencing and Southern Blot analysis to test for specific genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy and Fragile X syndrome to name just a few.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday - Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures, including NGS, with a high degree of quality and in accordance to established protocols
- Maintain complete documentation for all steps of the processes as outlined in SOPs
- Prepare reagents for testing
- Analyze and interpret patient test results
- Participate in the training of other technologists, at the discretion of the supervisor
- Troubleshoot assays and reagent qualification issues
- Participate in verification and validation studies for process improvements, new equipment, and new technology transfer at the discretion of the supervisor
- Take on independent projects and tasks beyond routine work
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement efforts
- B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline
- Minimum 1 year clinical laboratory experience required for Technologist level
- Strong understanding of molecular genetics and general chemistry
- Previous experience performing molecular techniques, such as DNA extraction, PCR, sequencing, NGS, genotyping highly desired
- ASCP certification in molecular biology preferred but not required
- Excellent attention to detail with an understanding of laboratory practices
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .