Mortgage Loan Closer
- Job Reference: 425084530-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: DFCU Financial
- Location: Dearborn, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Join the DFCU Financial team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities from one of Michigan's largest and best managed credit unions in the country.
The Opportunity: We are looking for a full time Mortgage Loan Closer to join our Mortgage Operations team. In this role, the Mortgage Loan Closer is responsible for preparing and coordinating all first mortgage closings with members, third party vendors, realtors, and sellers.
What You'll Do
* Verify that all underwriting conditions have been satisfied.
* Review file for completeness of closing documentation and prepare for closing process.
* Review title and survey work to clear any discrepancies or problems.
* Follow-up and acquire documentation needed for closing (i.e., taxes, homeowners insurance, HOA fees).
* Coordinate closing with member, third party vendors, realtors, and sellers.
* Prepare additional title or investor-related documents as needed.
* Review all files to ensure compliance.
* Clear closing conditions when necessary through limited underwriting authority granted by credit committee.
* Prepare closing packages.
* Coordinate funding of loan transactions with the title companies/settlement agents (i.e., wire transfers, cashier's checks).
* Maintain working knowledge of all regulatory and investor guidelines (i.e., FNMA, TRID, Escrow requirements, Secondary market).
* Assist in training new or less experienced employees.
What You Need
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Two years mortgage experience.
* Two years mortgage closing experience preferred.
* Demonstrated ability for high attention to detail.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication.
* Computer literate.
* Consistent positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional attitude.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
What We Offer:
* 401k plan match, dollar for dollar up to 4%
* 401k additional employer contribution after one year at 5%
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Health savings account (HSA)
* Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
* Wellness initiatives and reimbursements
* Pre-paid legal services plan
* Identity protection plan
* Accident supplemental plan
* Short & long term disability plans paid for by company
* Company provided basic life insurance of $50,000 plus supplemental for employee, spouse and child
* Free financial planning assistance
* Numerous fun employee events throughout the year
* Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
* Discounts with local and national companies through DFCU Perks
* New employee breakfast with the President
* Service / anniversary awards
* New employee discounts for company logo wear
* Recognition and awards for outstanding team and individual performance (branch and member service center employees)
* Gain share / bonus program
* Employee referral payouts for recruiting your friends and family
* Paid lunch time
* Cash incentives for obtaining performance goals
* Tuition reimbursement / Education assistance
* Ongoing training opportunities
* Leadership development program
* Paid time off
* Paid holidays (~10 per year)
* Flexible scheduling for students
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disabled / Veterans
* Pay Type Hourly
* 400 Town Center Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA