Network Administrator - Amway Center
- Job Reference: 425087338-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: AmpThink
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent
AmpThink is a leading provider of Technology systems for world class stadiums and arenas throughout North America. This position is based in the Amway Center in Orlando, FL. We're offering the opportunity to support and maintain a complex arena network. This role will be the primary responsible party for all technical aspects of building network operations. The role will be supported by AmpThink's team of technology architects, and our project management organization.
In addition to work at the Amway Center, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to consult on a range of projects outside of Orlando including the next generation of major league soccer stadiums, SoFi Stadium, Allegiant Stadium, and other iconic arenas and venues. Some travel is required, but travel will be limited to 25% of the scheduled work with 75% of the work dedicated to arena operations.
Functions & Responsibilities
* Participate in the entire IT lifecycle including the development of project bills of materials (BOMs), implementation of new networking components, integration of new building systems, maintenance of existing systems, and development of network strategy for the arena and adjacent parking structure.
* Maintain and operate of a network of telecommunications rooms and telecommunications pedestals connected to a small data center built on top of a multi-layer Cisco network featuring Catalyst systems.
* Provide tactical support for campus projects to include detailed documentation of delivered systems:
* Documenting sub-contractor and 3rd party networking requirements.
* Developing high level network design documents.
* Developing low level network design documents addressing the configuration of systems including the base IP network, Wi-Fi, IPTV, Compute, and Telephony.
* Support arena IT initiatives by provisioning and optimizing the network for each application.
* Participate in arena support and manage help desk tickets assigned to the networking team.
* Education and/or Work Experience
* 3 years of work experience in a technology-based business or engineering firm.
* A technical/information technology degree or engineering degree in a related field; a Bachelors degree is preferred.
* CCNP Certification or equivalent knowledge of Cisco systems.
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment with multiple competing priorities and personalities.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships both inside and outside the organization.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to understand and articulate solutions to problems.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Capability to multi-task and respond to change effectively and positively.
* Ability to prioritize and perform work in a timely manner.
* A passion for learning and continuous education.
* Ability to develop, read, and understand network documentation.
* Comprehensive knowledge of IT systems and their function.
* Mandatory background and drug screening.
AmpThink offers benefits which include 3 weeks of paid leave per year, 8 paid holidays, health insurance (PPO) premium paid in full for employees, and a Simple IRA retirement savings plan which matches dollar for dollar up to 3% of employee's annual salary. Our AmpForce program allows employees to use 3 paid workdays to work for a charity or non-profit of their choosing. Our AmpThink gear program allows employees to select AmpThink logo gear each year. AmpThink employees also have access to optional, voluntary group benefits such as dental, life, disability, and financial planning.