We Are Hiring:
Sign-On Bonus Available: $3000
Title: Patient Care Technician
Department: Telemetry Unit
Schedule: Full-Time Nights 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. with rotating weekends and holidays
Hospital: Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL (2900 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60657)
Compassionate, personalized care has a new name. Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago is now part of Ascension Illinois.
Overlooking beautiful Lake Michigan and Lincoln Park, Ascension Illinois Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago in the Lakeview neighborhood is an academic hospital that's home to experienced doctors with a passion for providing exceptional patient care. The hospital also hosts several centers of nationally recognized care, including the Chicago Institute of Advanced Bariatrics, the Mark M. Connolly Center for Cancer and Specialty Care and the Diamond Headache Clinic.
What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nursing student who has completed one semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.