The Patient Services Representative is responsible for patient registration, scheduling and triaging clinical calls for multiple practices and facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Greets patients, registering and scheduling as appropriate.
- Triages and routes clinical calls as appropriate.
- Assists patients with necessary paperwork as needed.
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Escalates questions/issues to appropriate resources as needed.
- Meets department productivity standards
- Maintains an understanding of billing information to assist providers and medical staff.
- Maintains an understanding of services provided by Practitioner and location.
- Enters referral information as appropriate.
- Files and pulls medical charts as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 0-1-year customer services experience in a call center, healthcare or retail environment.
Technology Applications: Computer savvy with ability to navigate between multiple systems simultaneously. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or medical clinic environment.