Personal Relationship Banker
- Job Reference: 425083221-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Farmers
- Location: Defiance, Ohio
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
This position is the "Customer Ambassador" for the bank with the overall purpose of providing exceptional service to our customers who prefer face-to-face interaction with the bank. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer's transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about the Banks' sales and service delivery options and refer the appropriate products and services matching the customer needs. This position will also effectively refer customers to the appropriate source or channel to address their need. They will also be responsible for taking consumer loan applications, opening deposit accounts and for the processing of regular transactions, such as receiving and paying out money and keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions in an efficient and accurate manner. Provides personalized banking services to financial institution customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
* Greet bank visitors, provide information and direct them to appropriate staff as necessary.
* Has a good understanding of the bank products/services and the customer's current relationship, offers information on bank products and services that can benefit the customer and enhance their banking relationship. (Listens to the customer's needs and matches those needs to the bank's products and services resulting in referrals.)
* Evaluate needs of potential customers and offer appropriate financial products and services while utilizing BN Control.
* Prepare and compile new customer account information to open new deposit accounts - including signature cards, new account sheets, check orders, direct deposit, and automatic bill pay.
Accounts include all deposit products including:
* Certificate of Deposit opening, closing, deposits and partial withdrawals.
* IRA opening, distributions and contributions.
* Take applications, analyze and compile information and documentation collected to accurately approve or deny: credit cards, personal loans, and auto loans to approved lending authority and within Bank policy.
* Refer and schedule appointments with Home Loan Originators and also educate customers on various home loan products.
* Provide ongoing relationship servicing by informing and advising customers of status or enhancements to current accounts in order to maintain goodwill and gain additional business. Also suggest resolution on account disputes and other account activity.
* Respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests and resolves difficult customer transactions and situations.
* Promote and cross-sell Bank products and services as appropriate to customer needs, including FM Investments.
* Generate new business to assist in meeting profitability goals of the office.
* Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enter transactions into bank records via an on-line terminal, as needed.
* Cash checks and pay money from savings and checking account upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspect all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, to determine their negotiability.
* Manage and balance assigned cash supply throughout the work day.
* Answer telephone calls, take messages, provide information and direct calls to appropriate staff as necessary.
* Follow established security procedures, as well as ensure customer information is safeguarded and kept confidential at all times.
* Assist customers as needed with ITM Machine (Interactive Teller Machine).
Education and/or Experience - Preferred: Associate's degree, and/or 3-5 years of retail banking experience. Experience, knowledge and training in retail branch operations activities, terminology, and products and services relating to retail banking customers.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization.
Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest.
Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variable in standardized situation.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and advanced keyboarding and ten-key skills.
Certificates and Licenses - Valid Driver's License; Notary Public Commission; Registered Federal NMLS [Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System] (possible at a future date); Universal Banker Certificate
This position is scheduled to work Monday - Saturday, generally with a day off and / or occasional extended hours as needed to accommodate the flow of business.