SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Buyer!
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k) with match, PTO, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.
The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for managing the pharmaceutical inventory in the assigned hospital including purchasing of pharmaceuticals and related products, oversight of receipt and placing these items in stock, optimization of pharmacy inventory both in the facility pharmacy and automated cabinets. This position ensures that all pharmaceutical products are appropriately labeled with barcodes including repackaging of products for patient administration. The buyer works with the director and clinical team to ensure formulary compliance and maintains contract compliance. The Buyer assist the automation coordinator or individual in similar role with respect to Automated Dispensing Cabinet (ADU) inventory management including the maintenance of controlled substance inventory and handling the request for an addition of new items to the pharmacy inventory. The Pharmacy Buyer also assists in training personnel on inventory handling and overseeing workflow in the pharmacy when the tech supervisor or pharmacy manager is unavailable.
What you will do in this role:
* Under the supervision of Director of Pharmacy, participates in all activities of the pharmacy department that involve the inventory management of drugs, medication storage areas and department related supplies.
* Functions in accordance with standard written policy & procedures, guidelines, and state and federal regulations.
* Establishes AND maintains appropriate inventory levels of drugs/supplies.
* Makes decisions in purchasing while complying with budget limitations, and achieving a maximum inventory turnover rate.
* Communicates in real time shortages of medications or changes in medication stock availability.
* Assists Pharmacy Director and Clinical Manager on all product substitutions when backorders occur during the normal procurement process.
* Oversees receiving, storage, and return of medications to the Pharmacy wholesaler or Consolidated Distribution Center (CDC) if applicable.
* Maintains invoicing for all drug and supply accounts.
* Processes wholesaler invoices for payment by accounts payable according to Policy and Procedures.
What qualifications you will need:
* High School graduate or GED is required
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Supply Chain Logistics is preferred
* 3+ years of inpatient pharmacy technician experience is required
* 2 years of hospital, pharmacy buyer experience is preferred.
* National Certification (CPhT) is required
* Active Registered Pharmacy Technician with the state Board of Pharmacy is required.
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for the HCA Healthcare. We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We have partnered with over 1,600 hospitals for their purchasing needs. Our organization has been continually recognized by Practice Greenhealth as being committed to environmentally responsible practices.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 275,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare, we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.