All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evenings - Sunday-Thursday 12:30pm-9pm - rotating weekends
The community you'll be caring for: 301 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY, Daytona Beach, 32117
The role you'll contribute: The Phlebotomy Supervisor is responsible for the day to day functioning of the Phlebotomy and Processing team under the guidance and direct supervision of assigned Manager. The person filling this position must be able to cover all functions and fill in as needed. They are responsible for the training and competency of the phlebotomists and processors.
The value you'll bring to the team
- Oversees the daily operations of the phlebotomy team, ensuring each shift is appropriately staffed with competent phlebotomists.
- Interviews applicants, responsible for the hiring process and trains new team members
- Conducts staff meetings with department employees on a routine basis to review progress, discuss problems, any changes in policy and procedures
- Responsible for evaluating personnel and performing competency as required
- Overview daily time and attendance of employees and enters approves time in the HUB
- Maintains high level of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Responsible for scheduling and floor assignments on a day to day basis
- May be required to work at the other facilities and cover different shifts as needed.
- Perform phlebotomy on inpatients and/or outpatients according to procedure.
- Properly disposes of Sharps and Biohazardous material and ensures compliance with staff
- Ensures delivery of specimens to the Processing area or appropriate department
- Performs laboratory assistant duties
- Collect Chain of Custody specimens per procedure and ensures compliance with staff
- Must be able to do registration including the entering of patient demographics, insurance information, Medical Necessity and ordering of tests.
- Participates in Quality Improvement committees, activities or projects
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Phlebotomy training program or equivalent work experience basic office and computer skills required.
- Minimum of three to five years phlebotomy experience in a hospital setting.
- Lead/Managerial experience preferred.
- Phlebotomist Certification by a national recognized phlebotomy agency (i.e. ASPT)
- Customer service skills required.
- Must have excellent skills in phlebotomy, problem solving ability and be able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Computer skills required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.