Our Lady of the Elms, a private, independent, all-girls, Catholic school sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Peace and located in West Akron, Ohio, seeks a division head for elementary grades. The Primary School Director is the educational, instructional and spiritual leader for Kindergarten through Grade 5 and works in collaboration with the Pre-School Director and Middle School team to ensure a seamless transition between divisions.
The Primary School Director is responsible for the continuing Catholic faith formation of the elementary grades faculty and students, the division's educational and co-curricular programs and managing the day-to-day operations of the Primary School. The Director is hired by the President and is directly responsible to the Academic Dean for administering the educational and co-curricular programs of the division in a manner consistent with the School's mission.
This position plays a key role in Primary School student recruitment and student retention and is a member of the Admissions Team and the Academic Leadership Team.
The Elms is committed to a college-prep curriculum infused by 21st century teaching and learning. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for: supervision and evaluation of faculty, evaluation of student learning, curriculum development and assessment, spiritual and curricular activities and management and coordination of academic personnel.
- An articulate communicator and collaborative leader, skilled in current best practices based in research that include the following: effective teaching strategies, assessment, curriculum, values-based discipline, staff development, parent and stakeholder engagement, all-girls' education and Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association standards.
- 3+ years of successful school leadership experience, preferably in a Catholic school or an all-girls' school, with 3 years of successful teaching experience
- Master's Degree in Education preferred
- An educator considered by others to be a master teacher and one who is passionate for the faith formation and learning of the whole child
- An individual dedicated to nurturing a loving, safe and respectful environment for every member of the School community
- Current FBI/BCI background check
Position available January 1, 2022; appointment may be deferred to July 1, 2022, for the right candidate.
Send a cover letter articulating your vision for all-girls, Catholic, Dominican education, along with a resume and contact information for five professional references. No phone calls, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $45,322.00 - $170,771.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location