The Process Engineer is the technical contact for all matters related to the process technology (including liquefaction, natural gas, acid gas removal and NGL extraction) employed in the facility.
This position drives technical consistency and assurance across operating sites through regular operating site presence, interaction, and application of internal and external technical standards.
The Process Engineer is the technical resource for all matters related to the process support at all of Freeport's operating facilities. The Process Engineer is expected to have expertise in a process plant operating environment in natural gas treatment, NGL extraction and liquefaction technology
Key responsibilities include:
· Plant performance monitoring and troubleshooting, process studies and modeling support for plant optimization, process safety and regulatory compliance support, and Communities of Practice and Lessons Learned ownership.
· Must have a strong background in process safety management and process safety applications including HAZOP, LOPA and other forms of PHA studies.
· Provide process engineering guidance to Operating facilities with recommendations related to process systems design, operational practices and controls.
· Support and execute optimization plans for the LNG process in line with the company goals and objectives year to year
· Support plant Operations personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns.
· Develop and conduct process simulations to investigate system steady state responses in support of diagnostics and troubleshooting.
· Propose design solutions and performance tests requirements towards optimizing production or solving process related incidents.
· Develop and utilize Process Monitoring tools that monitor process efficiency and make improvement recommendations to enhance production and efficiency performance.
· Support preliminary cost estimates, and schedules to support capital and facility upgrade projects.
· Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes.
· Support the technical review and closeout of critical Management of Change (MOC) activities at Operating facilities.
· Facilitate and/or participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability Reviews (HAZOP) to ensure safety in design and facility operations.
· Participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
· Facilitate and/or participate in other process safety and technical studies (e.g. Alarm management)
· Facilitate and/or participate in incident investigation to analyze equipment and system failures and deviations and provide solutions and corrective actions to root causes.
· Assure Operations requirements are considered on major projects, and support Operations Readiness and Turnaround activities.
· Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments to ensure that appropriate process data and analyses are available to support Company's business objectives.
· Provide process engineering support for the commissioning, start-up and operation of the LNG plant and/or new process units installed in the facility.
· Participate in audits as a technical resource.
· Conduct process-based technical training for operations staff Competencies
Should be familiar with:
· Acid gas removal systems
· Dehydration systems
· Pumps, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating equipment
· Cryogenics and liquefaction
· LNG technology
· Strong teamwork and administrative abilities are required.
· An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
· Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate, and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
· Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers (Plant Manager, plant supervision, and plant workers) whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
· Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
· Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
Operates in an industrial plant environment.
Exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
*Not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes. Possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions.
*Exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical circuits.
*Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
Routinely uses standard office and field communications equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers w/scanner and fax, and radios.
This position is based at the Quintana LQF Terminal or Oyster Creek PTF site with occasional travel to off-site locations as required. This position requires the incumbent to hold a valid, unexpired driver license at all times in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $120.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
Work Location: One location