Production Supervisor-Third Shift
Established in 1984, we are a family owned business built on a foundation of zero defects production and on-time delivery. In addition to plastics, we have affiliations with a non-ferrous foundry (serving the oil and construction industries), and a manufacturer of data, instrumentation and power cables.
Many of our clients have been with us for decades and consider Blue Star an extension of their own manufacturing group. We routinely handle projects of all sizes and complexity. From a single molded part to a 40 component assembly.
The Injection Molding Supervisor is responsible for directing a team of molding associates in the areas of production, scheduling, safety, maintenance and quality. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years' experience of 'hands-on' injection molding and similar experience dealing in plastic polymers as well as supervisory experience. The position will require competencies that include molding, tooling, quality, inspection and supervision.
· Be the driving force on the production floor taking ownership of the Safety, Quality, Processes and providing Leadership to the employees.
· Troubleshoot and adjust parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output.
· Lead a team of people in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance and in continuous improvement.
· Perform problem-solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate continuous improvement.
- Evaluate each station of the production process to maintain optimum efficiency
- Create and oversee employee training to increase production, enhance safe operations and ensure profitability
· Ensure that established processes are being followed.
· Coordinate tooling changes and equipment availability.
· Coordinate with the production control department and the production scheduler to ensure production schedule meets needs and staffing.
· Provide feedback and updates on staffing changes, issues and development of team members.
· Direct and execute the Mold change schedule including seeing that materials and molds are staged at the machines for the upcoming mold sets to reduce equipment downtime and improving setup time.
· Ensure 5S standards are met and maintain safe work environment within molding and assembly department and plant floor.
· Respond to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions
· Maintain positive employee relations and adhere to Company policies.
· Communicate with team in an inspiring way and facilitate development of team members
· Report, document and investigate any safety incidents that happen on the plant floor in timely manner.
· Ensure that Payroll is maintained and any discrepancies with time or absenteeism documentation are addressed promptly.
· Submit production reports to the management team daily per the current production reporting processes.
· Consistently meet company KPI standards for production
· Help drive cost savings and efficiency with Kaizen improvements
Job Skill Requirements
· Manufacturing management experience 2+ years
· High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work efficiently in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Plastics Injection Molding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location