Project Cost/Schedule Consultant - Mining & Metals
- Job Reference: 425089053-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Turner & Townsend
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
- Job Type: Permanent
To support the delivery and maintenance of a standard and consistent suite of planning, scheduling, and cost estimating services for large mining operations projects. The successful candidate will be involved with projects of all types at different phases ranging from conceptual to execution.
Depending on the development phase of the projects, accountabilities can be summarized as delivery and support of the following activities:
* Develop and maintain project plans and schedules that support and align with project requirements, working in conjunction with senior planner, project managers and other project participants
* Utilize the standardized processes, systems and tools in developing project schedules
* Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas
* Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule
* Conduct schedule analysis to determine alternative courses of action on slipped schedules
* Support the development of monthly reports and look-ahead schedule as required
* Participates and/or conduct project schedule review meetings and update schedules
* Develop project specific estimates based on project plans and schedules; prepare and maintain a Basis of Estimate (BOE) for each project, using in house tools and following Clients Project Services procedures.
* Support reviews for individual discipline developed estimates and integrates them into the overall project estimate.
* Perform estimate benchmarking, including data capture at key stages of the project.
* Compiles Project Estimates, including Basis of Estimate and all back-up documentation prior to the internal and external estimate review.
* Establish labor, equipment rates and productivity and location factors, for estimating purposes.