At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (MacMiller) we make buildings work better [ As the Northwests leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations and executing with distinction [ Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
* New construction From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
* Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
* Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
* Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and its because we all share the same Core Culture Values: [
* Collaboration [ Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
* Dedication [ We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
* Safety [ Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, its an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
* Community [ We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
* Innovation [ We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving [ Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
* Fun! [ Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. Its possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Proposal Coordinator: This is where you come in.
The Proposal Coordinator is a member of the New Construction Teams, a group that typically handles projects that begin very conceptually, germinate over a long period of time and have multiple year construction cycles. The Proposal Coordinator is responsible to support the development of these complex proposal efforts by translating technical information into clear, concise and persuasive messaging. In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, youll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than youve probably ever had.
Top 4 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
* Maintain data integrity in CRM system entries and reporting
* Write, edit, and submit proposals for projects
* Complete all proposal shells within 48 hours of assignment. Same-day turnaround of revised proposal upon receipt of edits/modifications
* Tracking all proposals/collateral/RFQ/Prequal requests in the Deliverables calendar
The Proposal Coordinator role reports to Caleb Bradford / Proposal Marketing Manager on our collaborative New Construction Sales team, working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization, especially Sales and Project Management.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have
* Significant experience working in Adobe InDesign
* Above average skills within the Microsoft Office suite, particularly in Excel.
* Prior experience with detailed, fast-paced work
* 1 or 2 years of related experience, either through education (Business Admin degree or related field) or work experience/internships
And everyone you work with should describe you as
* Highly independent
* Analytical and detail-oriented
* Excellent writer and proofreader
* Unafraid to run with tasks without anyone looking over your shoulder
And you should be motivated by
* Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
* Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where youll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
* Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
* Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
* 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
* Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
* Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
* Employee and dependent life insurance.
* Wellness Program.
* Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Our Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in the SoDo area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants & breweries, nearby stadium events and convenient freeway/airport access.
We are fully committed to providing a COVID-Safe environment and fully support part-time work from home options as a possibility.
Interested to learn more?
If youre ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.