Metal Flow is looking to hire a Quality Supervisor. The Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring, planning and implementing production, quality processes and safety objections. The supervisor will also be responsible for cost saving, waste elimination, and personnel management in an exemplary manner according to Metal Flow's quality polices.
· Monitor metrology lab daily to ensure layout requirements are met.
· Facilitating productivity improvements.
· Plan for scheduled downtime to make sure repairs and calibrations are completed on measurement equipment.
· Plan and schedule all layout requirements for layout requests, gage certifications, annual requirements, gage R&R's, and all other metrology needs.
· Responsible for the achievement of quality key metrics, including run time attainment, equipment set up, internal parts per million (PPM), and cost of quality (COQ), safety, quality of time Production Part Approval Processes (PPAP's), on time delivery, premium freight.
· Ensure all documentation layout requests are timely, as well as accurately completed by the production team.
· Accurately and efficiently develop and implement action plant to achieve metric goals.
· Use problem solving methods to lead the development of action plans. Initiate and participate in 8D or 5 Why teams depending on the customer requirements, internal and external.
· Drive company wide lean initiatives and continuous improvement events, including continuous improvement activities and standardized work.
· Schedule, review and approve team members schedules daily.
· Complete and present annual performance appraisals for all direct report employees, outlining positive and negative performance.
· Provide consistent feedback to employees regarding job task performance and accomplished of goals.
· Oversee on the job training efforts, to ensure necessary training and communication occurs.
· Support management, engineers and technicians with special projects as required.
· Organize and maintain the schedule for cleaning and general maintenance of the CMM's, gages, and measurement equipment by filling out logs of activities and preforming necessary PM's as scheduled.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have high school diploma or GED.
· Experience working in a quality environment and knowledge of quality documentation.
· Proficiency with gage calibration, including gage repeatability and reproducibility (R&R).
· Experience with GD &T and CMM operation.
· Knowledge of CMM Programs such as PC-DIS
· Computer Literacy
· Strong communication and organization skills.
· Experience with quality metrics, manufacturing metrics, continuous improvement.
· Previous experience in the automotive industry a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location