Role / Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join the Discovery Immuno-Oncology group at Jounce Therapeutics. The successful candidate for this position will play a leading role within a team of scientists engaged in the discovery and testing of novel cancer immunotherapeutic biologics. Responsibilities include designing, developing, and conducting experiments aimed at identifying optimal immunotherapeutic biologics, understanding their mechanism of action, and playing a key team role in supporting a program from discovery to development. The candidate must be capable of working across functional groups and communicating results with scientists from diverse backgrounds. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team.Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and execution of immune cell-based experiments, using both primary cells and cell lines, to characterize the mechanism of action of therapeutic candidates
- Independently work to generate, critically analyze and interpret data with scientific rigor and an open mind
- Work collaboratively with scientists and research associates to accomplish program goals and drive key decisions
- Provide both immuno-oncology guidance and technical expertise to a cross-functional team
- Thorough documentation of experiments in the company's eLN system and communication of results across functional teams.
- Doctoral degree (PhD., M.D., M.D./Ph.D.) or equivalent in Immunology or Cancer Immunology, and 1-3 years relevant industry or academic experience. B.Sc. or M.S. with at least 10 or 8 years experience in industry, respectively, in Immunology or Cancer Immunology
- Strong background in immunology, with an excellent understanding of the role of immune cells in influencing cellular adaptive and innate immune responses
- Extensive hands-on experience with in vitro and ex vivo immunological assays (multi-parameter flow cytometry, immune cell sorting and isolation, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication skills through publications, presentations, and/or patents; excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to bring novel therapeutics to patients
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines, coupled with the capacity to work independently
- Ability to think creatively and critically to make a measurable impact on project.
Jounce Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company dedicated to transforming the treatment of cancer by developing therapies that enable the immune system to attack tumors and provide long-lasting benefits to patients through a biomarker-driven approach. Jounce currently has multiple development stage programs ongoing while simultaneously advancing additional early-stage assets from its robust discovery engine based on its Translational Science Platform. Jounce's highest priority program, JTX-8064, is a LILRB2 (ILT4) receptor antagonist shown to reprogram immune-suppressive tumor associated macrophages to an anti-tumor state in preclinical studies. A Phase 1 clinical trial, named INNATE, for JTX-8064 as a monotherapy and in combination with JTX-4014, Jounce's internal PD-1 inhibitor, or pembrolizumab is currently enrolling patients with advanced solid tumors. Jounce's most advanced product candidate, vopratelimab, is a monoclonal antibody that binds to and activates ICOS, and is currently being studied in the SELECT Phase 2 trial. JTX-4014 is a PD-1 inhibitor intended for combination use in the INNATE and SELECT trials and with Jounce's broader pipeline. Additionally, Jounce exclusively licensed worldwide rights to JTX-1811, a monoclonal antibody targeting CCR8 and designed to selectively deplete T regulatory cells in the tumor microenvironment, to Gilead Sciences, Inc. For more information, please visit .Equal Opportunity Employer
Jounce Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, or political beliefs. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.