Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) in Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist in Exploratory Biology and Scientific Strategy located in Spring House, PA. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular/metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this laboratory-based position within Exploratory Biology - Antibody Platform, you will join a group of researchers to conduct in vitro assay development and profiling to support the discovery and development of biologic therapeutics with a focus on immune mediated modalities. We are responsible for discovering, characterizing and analyzing lead molecules for biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J. We also develop novel platforms that will bring new modalities to patients.Key Responsibilities
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. The role involves:
- Designing and performing non-routine experiments with a high level of autonomy and minimal supervision while also indirectly or directly leading or setting objectives for others on team projects
- Proactively investigate and develop improvements to existing processes or develop new and improved processes. Identify new areas of research consistent with strategic direction
- Independently analyzing and interpreting complex experimental results and draft protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc.
- Generating and maintaining experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner.
- Positively engage with all levels of colleagues in research and non-clinical functions as well as engage external CRO collaborations.
- Independently communicating or defending scientific findings in cross-functional projects/initiatives
- Interacting with internal and external colleagues on routine/critical matters and/or specific phases of a research project
Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 0-2 years post-doctoral experience with a focus on Oncology, Immuno-oncology or related cell biology fields is requiredExperience And Skills
- Experience in primary immune cell and advanced cell culture technique is required.
- Show proficiency in development of assay methods (ie. primary cell isolation, ELISA, MSD, cell binding assays, and/or signaling assays) is required.
- Proven past experience in the set-up, acquisition and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Experience running immune cell activation (T, B or myeloid cell) and strong working knowledge of immune cell phenotyping and kinetic cytotoxicity assays is preferred
- Past experience or expertise from a laboratory with either an oncology or immunology focus is preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills is required
- You should be able to optimally perform tasks within cross-disciplinary teams.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean RoadsOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)Job Function