Based in Menlo Park, CA since 2018, Zai Lab U.S. is focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. We are an innovative, research-based, commercial stage company, with over 1,600 employees worldwide and a diversified and strong pipeline poised for continued growth. This is an exciting time for us as we build our R&D Drug Discovery team and advance our global pipeline, aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year.
At Zai (NSDAQ: ZLAB), we are working to generate optimum therapeutics for significant diseases affecting peoples throughout the world. Transforming lives of patients by identifying new and smarter ways to treat and cure disease is our mission. We bring together the best minds from all over the world to pursue our goals.Primary Function:
The successful candidate will be part of an exciting Biology team focusing on the identification, validation, and advancement of novel therapeutic candidates that are designed to target cancer cells with a precision medicine/synthetic lethal approach. The candidate will perform hands-on experiments in vitro and ex vivo to examine target expression, elucidate mechanisms of action, and determine efficacy of our developing therapeutics in this exciting space.Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and support molecular biology experiments to interrogate and identify new drug targets and preclinical development of existing targets in our synthetic lethality pipeline.
- Hands-on work will include mammalian cell culture, drug/compound screening, and performing various molecular biology-based assays, including CRISPR-based cell line generation, flow cytometry, Western blotting, qRT-PCR, Immunofluorescence, and ELISA.
- Perform experiments using various in vitro and ex vivo model systems/assays to elucidate molecular and phenotypic effects of target modulation.
- Drive new target discovery efforts by performing and managing genetic (for ex. CRISPR) screens both in-house and with CROs.
- Analyze and present experimental findings to the department and project teams.
- Work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently and contribute to activities across functions.
Disclaimer: This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirement for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.
- PhD or Master's degree in Biological Sciences/Pharmacology/Oncology.
- 1-3 years (PhD) or 8-10 years (M.Sc) of hands-on in vitro experience in cancer biology.
- Thorough experience in cancer cell/tissue culture and high-throughput assay development experience are required.
- Hands-on experience with various in vitro laboratory techniques is required, including Western blotting, qRT-PCR, immunofluorescence, RNAi/CRISPR, and flow cytometry. Strong preference for candidates with CRISPR screening experience.
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, demonstrating solid organizational skills.
- Confidence in troubleshooting assays and performing and learning new data analysis skills are required.
- Great communication skills and team spirit is a must; ability to communicate results with colleagues and with the biology team at meetings is required.