- Job Reference: 425086204-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Kronos Bio, Inc.
- Location: San Mateo, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
About Kronos Bio
Kronos Bio, Inc. is dedicated to the discovery and development of first-in-class therapies that modulate historically undruggable targets. We leverage deep capabilities in high-throughput small molecule microarrays (SMM), targeted protein degradation, and cancer biology in order to identify potent and selective compounds against transcription factors and other central drivers of oncogenic signaling.
Summary of Position:
Kronos bio is seeking a hands-on accounting professional to join our team as Senior Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager. Your primary role will be to provide general accounting and close support to the team; help drive ongoing SOX efforts across the organization; and provide support for external/SEC reporting processes.
The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to proactively take on new responsibilities. S/he should have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at once. The candidate must also be able to communicate effectively and professionally with individuals outside of the Finance group. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who is highly motivated, takes initiative and is a strong team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with the day-to-day accounting operations and monthly close process
* Preparation of timely and accurate journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for the quarter-end close and various accounting transactions
* Preparation of quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
* Prepare financial analyses
* Be responsible for performing SOX 404 internal controls over assigned areas
* Provide support for our external audit
* Participation in process improvements, financial system enhancements and special projects as needed
* Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
* 3-5 years of accounting experience in public accounting or industry, biotechnology experience a plus.
* Strong analytical and accounting skills. Working knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting.
* Big 4 public accounting firm and CPA license preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required. System knowledge of Netsuite a plus
* Independently motivated, detail-oriented and strong problem-solving ability
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask
* Detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated
* Entrepreneurial and enjoys working in a fast-paced, creative and resourceful small company environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.