Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist will be part of the AR Collections/Deductions Team and will be assigned to a specific complex, high volume, key customer portfolio. They will represent Teva to the customer relationship from Order to Cash and will be expected to be the Subject Matter Expert on their assigned key customer and respond accurately and efficiently to Management requests related to this customer. They are required to be analytical, proactive, identify trends, anticipate issues and provide innovative solutions to those issues.
They will also be expected to assist and guide the various AR Specialists based on their expertise. This responsibility encompasses maximizing timely collection of all open/due invoices, expediting documentation (invoice copy, Proof of Delivery, etc.) as needed by customers, leveraging pending orders to obtain payment, reviewing and resolving all deduction balances, including Chargebacks, and prompt escalation of all issues on assigned customer portfolio(s). This includes timely review of Collection Lists, Aging Reports and new deduction claims; obtaining supporting documentation when not on file, identification of deduction reason, and distribution of debits to external departments for review when applicable.
In addition, the Sr. AR Specialist is responsible for matching open deductions against open credit memos or unapplied cash and analyzing/reconciling any variances, ensuring timely and effective collection efforts are initiated when a customer deduction is deemed invalid and updating collection efforts in deduction management system in accordance with the department deduction review process.
They will be expected to collaborate with the Cash App/Customer Master team to resolve unidentified payments and /or master data issues, as well as meeting all month and quarter-end deadlines, including cash forecast information by customer, and the quarterly Revenue Recognition project. This position has internal contacts with Sales staff and external contact with customer accounts payable and receivables departments.
* Provide timely review of Collection Lists, Aging Reports and Deduction Claim Reports to identify trends, and specific items to be addressed with customer related to past due invoices, and deduction claims. Thorough review of supporting documentation to identify deduction reasons and issues preventing payment. Anticipate issues, be proactive, and analyze root cause and solutions. Take necessary action to ensure that both collection and deduction issues are resolved timely. Escalating aged and problematic invoices and disputes when applicable.
* Ensure thorough review and reconciliation of deduction variances deemed invalid and initiate collection efforts. Ensuring timely follow-up and effective tracking/updates in the claim management system in accordance with current deduction review process.
* Perform account maintenance to identify any potential credit to debit correlations, and submit for offset when applicable. Direct debit memos to appropriate external departments to research validity and conduct periodic follow-ups for resolution status.
* Timely response to customer, external departments, and management inquiries, ensuring effective and thorough communication.
* Responsible for meeting month-end and quarter-end deadlines.
* Follows Teva Safety, Health, and Environmental, policies and Procedures.
* Responsible for the timely completion of all online compliance modules.
* Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or related discipline
* Prior utilization of advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, etc.) throughout work history.
* Prior collection and deduction resolution experience, preferably in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
* Minimum one year prior accounting experience.
* Minimum one year prior chargeback experience.
* SAP and Oracle experience
In process of validation
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to support you throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark