Seismic Therapeutic is recruiting!
Contact: , Location: Watertown, MA
Do you have a passion for science and take pride in excellent work? Can you master cutting-edge technologies and rapidly develop new experimental methods? Are you highly collaborative, hardworking and creative?Who we are
Seismic Therapeutic is a VC-backed biotechnology startup focused on the intersection of structure, protein engineering, machine learning and immunology founded by Tim Springer, Jeff Ravetch, Debora Marks and Alan Crane.What we offer you
As a member of our new and quickly growing company, you'll help us shape Seismic from the very beginning into a startup that not only takes its scientific mission seriously but also provides a positive and supportive workplace environment and culture. Seismic will have the opportunity to benefit from the insight, diversity, and talent that you'll bring. Together, we'll help bring therapeutics to the patients who need them most.Our mission
Seismic is determined to help patients in need, starting with novel approaches to protein engineering, machine learning and immunology, and ending with clinic-ready drugs. At our core, our focus is on phenomenal science, meritocracy, a superstar team, supportive culture, and patient-centric goals. Seismic has the tools, skills, ideas and people to make this a reality - all we need is you! Success will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases, and we invite you to become a part of that.Where?
Seismic is located in the dynamic biotech community in Watertown, alongside other new companies that are turning ideas into reality and changing the biotech and medical scenes for the better. We are thrilled to expand our Team with hardworking, highly qualified, highly motivated individuals to join us in our lab space.Available position
Senior Associate Scientist I/II, ImmunologyGeneral role
: In coordination with scientific leadership, you would play a central role in designing and implementing Seismic's pipeline, with particular focus on immunology. As a Senior Associate Scientist I/II, you will be a part of a fast-paced immunology team dedicated to advancing discovery and pre-clinical programs. Successfully meeting these challenges will require not only a broad range of immunology skills, independent thinking, and an aptitude for troubleshooting, but also a strong, creative drive to develop new assays as the need arises.
Your work in this role would be in collaboration with scientists and computational experts throughout Seismic, learning and contributing to our pipeline, including both in vivo
and in vitro
preclinical studies. You would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively optimizing solutions to ensure their success. Over time you would take on additional responsibilities and contribute to new projects.Responsibilities
- Develop functional cell-based in vitro assays with primary cells from humans and preclinical animal species to characterize drugs' mechanism(s) of action
- Plan, perform, analyze, interpret and report results from the studies with minimal supervision
- Eager to learn handling of preclinical animal models to provide help to our in vivo team when needed
- Interface with vendors for acquisition of relevant materials and reagents
- Mentor others in the design, execution and analysis of experiments that support programs
- Document data in electronic laboratory notebook and write technical reports
- Communicate directly results to internal stakeholders and at program team meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster an open and collaborative environment
- BS degree plus 5-10+ years of experience in a lab setting or MS plus 2-8+ years of experience in a lab setting
- Hands-on experience with ELISA, western blot, Luminex/MSD, flow cytometry
- Experience with testing of biologics in in vitro settings is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with tissue culture, archiving, transfection and cell-based functional assays, primary hematopoietic cell isolation and culture
- Capability to anticipate and recognize potential issues within experimental designs and effectively communicate alternatives
- Ability to work collaboratively, provide scientific insight, and communicate clearly in writing and orally
- Excellent record keeping abilities to document analytical data generated in support of regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Curious in exploring new options for model development, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas, relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Applicants please send an email to , including a resume and a short self-introduction.