Senior Business Development Manager
- Job Reference: 425086386-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: II-VI Incorporated
- Location: San Jose, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
- Job Type: Permanent
Our Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for the global revenue and market share growth and sustained success of our organization by developing an aligned product and business strategy, ensuring full understanding of customer needs and technical requirements, driving strategic capabilities and competitive positioning. With a hunter-attitude, the ideal candidate will be focused on revenue generation, business impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You will use your relationships, technical knowledge, experience, and business acumen to manage and expand our market share in ion implant services and ion implant disk refurbishment.
We are looking for someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in our targeted market segment, and who is a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a business-focus and ability to grow revenue with new and existing customers. The candidate will report to the Director of Sales.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop specific plans for existing and new customers on a global scale to ensure a proactive approach, with defined goals and measurables to deliver annual revenue growth. Develop strong customer relationships at all levels.
* Ensure consistent and profitable growth in sales revenues through active prospecting and execution throughout sales cycle. Identifies objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and company earnings. Demonstrate a track record of success and achievements in business development and revenue growth.
* At least 15 years of experience in the semiconductor industry to demonstrate a significant network of associates and skills, and a desire/ability to continue to grow that network.
* Knowledge of Ion Implant technology, terminology, customer base, and sales aspects for Implant Foundry services, in addition to Ion Implant Disk refurbishing and rebuilding aspects are highly desired.
* Understand and demonstrate skill and experience in strategic selling of a complex technical service, preferably in the semiconductor industry, drive product strategy and specification.
* Drive business case for investment approval process; develop and manage business metrics and measurements.
* Support factory personnel including program management to successfully fulfill customer orders, retain customers, solve customer problems, and maintain high customer satisfaction.
* Effectively utilize software tools for the development of correspondence and proposals, analysis of accounts/prospects, and inter-office communications utilizing Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
* Develop quotations and contracts to successfully book business to meet sales targets.
* Attending collaborative meetings to help define and execute customer tactics and strategies.
* Assist in the creation of compelling marketing material and presentations.
* Strategic thinker with knowledge in engaging with prospects.
* Experience in managing a growing sales pipeline and forecast accuracy.
* Willing to travel domestically/internationally up to 50%.
* Bring enthusiasm and high energy to the role, with a persuasive selling ability.
* Consistently demonstrate a detail-oriented approach.
* Strong knowledge and experience in semiconductor manufacturing processes and sales cycles, with a strong preference in ion implant technology and disk refurbishing services.
* Ability to think strategically and lead Project Management activities.
* Provide routine sales (call) reports to management documenting customer activity, requirements, and opportunities.
* Complete tasks on time and in an exemplary manner.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
* Willingness to challenge the organization, while maintaining a positive and respectful professionalism.
* Travel and availability, as needed, beyond standard workday hours. Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
* BS degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, or business is required.
* 10+ years of directly related semiconductor device and/or semiconductor engineering services preferred sales work experience or the equivalent in education and relevant experience.
* 10+ years in business development, marketing or product line management is preferred.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
* Advanced problem resolution skills.
* Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent organizational, presentation and Microsoft Office skills
* Highly self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed within the defined markets and strategies of the company.
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
This job requires that an individual come into contact with raw materials, products, equipment / machines, software or technology controlled by the Export Administration Regulations or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. The job must be filled by a U.S. person or a person for whom a valid export control exception has been obtained, or is not required, from the U.S. Government.