This is a full-time, ongoing, work-from-home position for a Senior Consultant, Systems Engineering.
Were searching for an experienced Systems Engineer who is eager to work with our team to solve technical problems for customers in innovative ways. The ideal candidate is a thought leader in Systems Engineering technology with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who is interested in:
* Full-cycle consulting, from pre-sales, solution design and proposal through to project completion and follow up; and
* Ensuring that customers are highly satisfied throughout our relationship; and solutions-oriented sales and delivery model.
What do you stand to gain by joining us?
* Culture of Excellence: Were a small company with a mature workplace culture where youll be supported in doing your best work.
* Ability to continuously leverage, develop, and hone your skills: Design, plan, and deliver cutting-edge technologies on a weekly basis.
* IVOXY is ready to back you with all the resources you'll need to succeed in passing career certifications often required by the manufacture(s) we represent.
* An agile and experienced team: Youll find the best mix of ability and trust to work independently with the backing of a talented team when going it alone doesnt cut it.
What youll do:
IVOXY Consulting is a leading Pacific Northwest IT Consulting company founded on the premise that data center infrastructure is constantly evolving. Our mission is to accelerate the understanding and adoption of innovative data availability technologies. Our team of Consultants architect, design, and implement cost-effective IT solutions to address the business needs of today and for the future.
As an integral part of the IVOXY team, Senior Consultants work directly with IVOXY customers to provide engineering and technical solutions that are responsive to their needs, are innovative, fit for purpose, professional, and delivered with white glove service.
Our purpose: Transformation through listening, learning, and leading, with skilled execution.
* Listen: Meet with customers and identify their business requirements.
* Learn: Keep up with the latest technology trends and innovations; earn and maintain vendor certifications.
* Educate: Create and deliver educational content for customers.
* Develop: Create solution proposals and assist with the development of technical marketing material.
* Solve: Create and provide technology, education, and professional services offerings.
* Implement: Provide consultative professional services.
* Ability and interest in providing pre-sales, consultative service to customers, including gathering customer requirements, designing solutions, and writing proposals.
* Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering that includes a wide variety of technologies with some combination of expertise in the following: Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Data Protection, Cloud, Systems Security.
* Existing certification(s) required. Willingness and ability to obtain additional certifications also required.
* Mature and polished professional with proven ability to provide white glove service and deliver innovative solutions to customers.
Qualities for Success:
* Personable with superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Ability to facilitate connections and collaborate effectively to leverage internal and external resources in service to customers.
* Patience in working with all stakeholders to ensure the best possible experience for our customers.
* Creativity and ability to provide innovative solutions for our customers.
* A thought leader with a professional and polished demeanor who can speak to their diverse career experience with technical and strategic architecture changes.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to drive desired outcomes.
* Primary focus for products and professional services is as follows:
* Virtualization - VMWare, Kubernetes
* Data Protection - Rubrik, Cohesity, Veeam, CommVault
* Storage - Pure Storage, NetApp, Tintri, HP ( & Nimble), Dell,
* Servers - Cisco, HP, Dell, SuperMicro
* Cloud - Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Office 365
* Systems Security - Micro segmentation with VMWare NSX
* The primary vendors we work with include: VMWare, Cisco, Pure Storage, NetApp, Rubrik, Veeam, AWS, Microsoft (& Azure)
* Understanding of datacenter availability solutions which include servers, storage, virtualization, networking, security, cloud and best practices, procedures, operations and standard methodologies.
* Experience with scripting tools such as Python.
* Minimum of 5 years experience as an consultant, systems engineer or similar.
* Strong technical writing skills. Ability to build technical solution drawings.
* Strong social and communication skills.
* Self-motivated to develop and maintain skillset and product/solution knowledge to improve value and to deliver quality services to our customers. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
* Ability to mentor other engineering consultants.
* Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively.
* Projects a professional image and strong business insight during customer interactions.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and work efficiently.
* Ability to work independently, as well as with peers
* Competitive base salary and incentive compensation
* Self-managed/Open PTO after first six months
* Work from home with a company that has always been work from home.
* 100% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid by the company
* Simple IRA with company match for retirement savings
* Disability, Life, and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Parental Leave