AvidXchange is a leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Last year, we processed 53 million transactions across our network of more than 700,000 suppliers, transforming the way 7,000+ customers in North America pay their bills. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they'll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team. At AvidXchange, it's not a "me" thing, it's a "we" thing.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, we have over 1,500 employees working in one of our seven offices or remotely. At AvidXchange, you'll have the opportunity to tackle tough, complex challenges, working side-by-side with amazing talented teammates. And in doing so, our goal is to enable you to discover your maximum potential - while being your unique, authentic self at work. If that sounds like you, come join the team!
The Senior Director of Learning and Development is responsible for the alignment and management of the design and implementation of high-impact and sustainable learning, talent, and organizational development programs that span the teammate lifecycle in support of the Organization's strategic goals and objectives. This role provides leadership and direction in the development and delivery of strategies and solutions that drive organizational performance. The Senior Director of Learning & Development position will be an important role in driving the career development philosophy for the organization and ensuring that all learning & development programs align to the philosophy and our culture. This person will work collaboratively with Talent leadership, Enterprise-wide Learning & Development teams, and Business Leaders to identify needs and ensure programs align with business objectives.
- Defines and drives leadership development strategy and manages a team that designs and develops programs that align to expected outcomes
- Self-starter, highly organized, complex problem-solving, strong analytical judgment, and strong business acumen and project management skills
- Brings cutting-edge, relevant ideas from external learning sources and the learning and development industry for possible adoption and professional development of teammates
- Partners with learning counterparts within the business to align enterprise learning objectives and programs, as well as build new relationships with business leaders to support on-the-job learning & development
- High standard of integrity and ethics, customer-focused, creative and innovative yet disciplined, can-do attitude, results-driven, flexible and adaptable, change agent
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the Organization exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives
- Doesn't overcomplicate things, has a bias for action, and can think strategically but knows how tactics will land operationally
- Facilitates small to large group sessions for leadership development, engagement, and team dynamics
- Demonstrates resiliency understands urgency, and can thrive in ambiguity
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Working and contracting with 3rd party vendors
- Managing program budgets
- Master's degree desired, preferably in Instructional Design, Education, a Training related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Learning & Development experience
- Extensive facilitation and presentation skills experience
- Familiar with competencies and coaching models
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.