Senior Financial Analyst
- Job Reference: 425084252-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Performance Team
- Location: Savannah, Georgia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offers third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, PT has key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Performance Team has delivered significant sales and profitability growth over the last 8 years and will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
We are looking for Senior Financial Analyst to join our North America Warehouse and Distribution team in Savannah, GA.
The Senior Financial Analyst position is designed to manage the financial books of the warehouse. This person will be required to ensure proper reporting, closing of books, forecasting and ensuring compliance to the financial KPIs within the warehouse.
* Balance Sheet and PL accounts
* Has responsibility for timely closure of books of accounts, reporting of financials, manages day to day accounting.
* Prepares monthly reports and analysis and participates in implementation towards new system functionalities
* Post adjustment or reclassification requested by Accounting Manager
* Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Ensure fixed assets management is carried in accordance to local regulations, IFRS and APMM GAP
* Reporting financial results in One Stream
* Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information, based on Global Policies
* Documents financial transactions by entering account information. According IFRS
* Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options. Oriented to Internal Control application and Local Regulation
* Responsible for to establish adequate working capital position.
* Review bank reconciliations every week and do the corresponding follow
* Ensure that all risk accounts receivables are identify and monitored
* Achieve low levels over bad debt provisions
Audit and Taxes
* Prepare and Review taxes and update of legal forms.
* Responsible for monitoring the audit process annually.
We are looking for:
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Controlling
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance Required, CPA a plus
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
* Experience in Netsuite and/or SAP ERP systems and ability to adapt to new programs/systems.
* Corporate Reporting background
* Strong Analytical skills
* Focus on delivering work in high quality whilst keeping adherence to deadlines
* Ability to make decisions in the absence of management
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
* Excellent time management skills
* A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
* Strong and current knowledge of technology platforms, MS Office products, and ability to quickly adapt to new software.