* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 12 years of HR business partner or generalist experience, providing support to leaders.
* A combination of HR experience in the following areas: organizational design, succession planning, business consulting, compensation and rewards, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
* Master's degree.
* 3 years of experience supporting engineers.
* Experience operating in a large-scale, global enterprise business. Experience in Cloud/technology.
* Knowledge across all Organizational Development practice areas at executive-level, including experience delivering tangible client impact in one or more practice area.
* Demonstrated business acumen to drive organizational and people-related strategies and outcomes.
* Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with leaders and stakeholders to drive organizational change. Ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo. Comfortable with ambiguity and taking part in complex strategy discussions.
About the job
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You'll be an advocate of Google's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching our clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
In this role, you will collaborate with leaders in the industry, influence the organizational strategy and structure, build a talent pipeline across several functions, and create a meaningful team culture that enables Googlers to bring their best selves to Google everyday. You will think strategically, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging business leaders, and impact how work is done.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You'll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
* Build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
* Consult with Google's leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change over large functions.
* Solve challenges and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex. Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
* Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
* Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health, understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions. Interpret complex analyses and tie back to business priorities.