Senior Staff Accountant
- Job Reference: 425085806-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: HCA
- Location: Palatka, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Putnam Community Medical Center
Putnam Community Medical Center, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
* BASIC FUNCTION:
* Support PCMC's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Controller, supports the day to day activity of the accounting department. Performs activities concerned with general ledger and financial reporting. Performs timely, accurate and efficient reliable financial statements by management's deadlines.
* SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
* Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
* Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
* Preparation and review of assigned balance sheet reconciliation of ensure actual activity is reported accurately with proper support. Also proposes necessary adjustments on a timely basis.
* Supports month-end and year-end close process.
* Prepares third-party exhibits at month-end close and places copies on corporate reimbursement shared drive.
* Prepares reports/documents for internal and external audits.
* Performs Account Analysis and Variance Explanations for specific Income Statement Accounts when necessary.
* Responsible for verifying Accounts Payable coding is correct and assists other departments with A/P processes
* Supports Controller with all major financial projects during the year
* Assists with annual hospital wide physical inventory
* Responsible for fixed asset accounting, maintenance, and reporting
* Assist in performance of monthly general ledger closing process.
* Assists in the preparation of financial reporting for internal and external users and regulatory agencies.
* Ensure compliance with Accounting Policy Guides (APG's) as applicable to job roles and assigned entries and tasks.
* Ensure compliance with SOX 404 requirements as applicable to job roles and assigned entries and tasks.
* Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as applicable to job roles and assigned entries and tasks.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
* 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Employee Discount Program
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life, Disability Benefits
* Student Loan Forgiveness
* And much more!
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience - Major in Accounting or related field, preferred but will substitute minimum five years general accounting experience
Experience: 3-5 Years accounting experience
Qualifications: Knowledge of accounts payable. Computer knowledge and experience, including experience with Excel. Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with individuals. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Excellent mathematical and analytical skills as evidenced by employment history. Thorough knowledge of healthcare accounting and operations is preferable.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.