Senior Staff Accountant
- Job Reference: 425084425-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Enersys
- Location: Reading, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
To maintain accurate accounting in accordance with GAAP for the more complex accounting issues of the Americas region. To assist the Entity and Regional Controller in gaining assurance that the financial statements accurately reflect the results of its operations on a monthly basis. The work involved is related to the overall operations of both the EnerSys Delaware and Regional Accounting functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Accurately prepare and record the more complex monthly journal entries in the BaaN, SAP and HFM systems and verify that they are properly reflected in our accounting system.
* Prepare the more complex account reconciliations each month including estimated liabilities where applicable for assigned Balance Sheet Accounts.
* Assist with forecasting expenses as needed in relation to assigned reconciliation accounts.
* Communicate, escalate, and coordinate with plant accountants, segment leads, functional department heads and third-party service providers to obtain and/or transmit information needed for analysis, forecast, journals and reconciliations.
* Enter, revise, sort, calculate and create tables for analysis on high priority accounts, quarter/year-end packages, and audit requests.
* Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
* Identify control weaknesses and suggest process improvements to make sure that effective controls are maintained over the financial accounting and reporting for the region.
* Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures.
* Create detailed process documentation, ensuring accounting implications of processes are clearly understood.
* Effectively communicate with and/or mentor employees within the Americas Organization to achieve accurate reporting of our financial statements.
* Demonstrate ability to support all other departments within the company and coordinate training and information sessions.
* A primary duty is to exercise discretion and independent judgment when dealing with critical and confidential matters within the Americas Finance Department.
* Special projects and ad hoc requests as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in an accounting role (preferably manufacturing industry).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
* Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities.
* Ability to communicate (orally and written) in a professional manner when dealing with employees and management both inside and outside the finance department.
* Ability to critically think and solve problems that deal with a variety of variables.
* Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
* Team player.
* Self-motivated and proactive
* Able to work independently.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Competent computer skills, especially Excel.
* SAP experience preferred. Baan and Hyperion (HFM) experience a plus
* Knowledge of foreign currency.
* Knowledge of payroll accounting a plus.
* Knowledge of Intercompany transactions and recharges a plus.
* The ideal candidate would be able to act as a mentor to the staff accountants and a point of contact for general accounting questions from dependent accounting services.
* CPA a plus.
General Job Requirements
* This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
* Must be able and willing to work overtime.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination