APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include, but not limited to the following:
* Preparation of tax workpapers to support the tax provision and tax return processes
* Preparation of state/federal extensions, estimates and payments
* Preparation of state and local tax returns, as needed
* Research of federal, state, and local tax issues, staying up to date on changes
* Management of federal and state income tax audits
* Preparation of responses to state and federal tax notices
* Assist subsidiary companies with legal entity compliance requirements
* Support subsidiary compliance with APi Group accounting policies
* Support transition into the Group for recently acquired companies
* Assistance with tax documentation to meet SOX requirements
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates.
* Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with, staff, management, vendors and clients
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem solving skills
* Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads
* Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner
* Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs, and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Able to learn to use Sage Premier Depreciation and the in-house accounting system.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Requires sitting
* Requires ability to move around an office environment
* Requires telephone conversations
* Requires use of electronic mail
* Requires reading and creating letters, documents and memos
* Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
* Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise
* Requires being exact or highly accurate
* Requires meeting strict deadlines
* Requires work with others in a group or team, Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
* Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with moderate office equipment noise levels
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
APi Group is committed to complying with all laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and to providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees without discrimination on the basis of sex/gender, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, military/veteran status, or other protected characteristics as defined by local, state, and federal law. In keeping with this commitment, APi Group will provide reasonable accommodations in the application process to otherwise qualified applicants with a disability. Applicants who wish to request a reasonable accommodation of disability in connection with the application process should contact Employee Services at