Sign Production / Installer
- Job Reference: 425084475-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: FASTSIGNS #161401
- Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent
Production Specialists work in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment to create and assemble sign and graphic products for many different business applications. Creative work is performed within the FASTSIGNS Center sign production area that is fully equipped with top-of-the-line sign-making equipment.
Position requirements include cutting printed graphics using a variety of wall cutters, saws, and Exacto blades, as well as applying the product to substrates. The Production Specialist will also be required to work in the field performing installations to vehicles, and building interiors and exteriors using a ladder or mechanical lift system. Careful attention to detail utilizing work orders that outline specifics for each custom order is paramount.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with problem-solving skills who pays very close attention to accuracy and detail. Comprehensive training in all aspects of this position will be provided. If this describes you, we encourage you to apply!
Position responsibilities include:
- Leading the morning Production Meeting with the entire FASTSIGNS Team.
- Organizing, inventorying, and ordering materials.
- Maintenance of the printers, plotters, and other production equipment.
- Working with the Sales Team to coordinate deadlines, consult on product designs, and order materials.
- Creating samples for the Sales Team to use on sales calls.
- Educating other FASTSIGNS Team Members on production best practices.
- Helping to create and uphold company procedures.
- Answering phone calls and answering customer questions in the event that all members of the Sales Team are unavailable to answer.
- Troubleshooting with customers, when needed, usually with the help of the Sales Team.
- Training new hires to the Production Team.
- Overseeing the Graphic Design department and occasionally designing jobs, when needed.
- Motivating team members to hit deadlines and meet production goals.
- Cutting printed graphics using a variety of wall cutters, saws, and X-acto blades, as well as applying the product to substrates.
- Painting substrates for orders.
- Performing installations to vehicles (including vehicle wraps), and building interiors and exteriors using a ladder or mechanical lift system.
- Performing a daily clean up of the Production area at the end of the day with the help of other Production Team members.
- Updating center graphics to keep the center looking fresh and up-to-date.
- Maintaining the production area to keep it organized, presentable, and in good working order.
Position qualifications include:
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Basic math skills
Able to work well under pressure to output high-volume, high-quality work
Able to stand for long periods of time
Able to lift 50 or more pounds
Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back-and-forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate
Able to use light power equipment
Must have Arizona driver's license and a clean driving record
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.