Atkore is forging a future where all Atkore brands, suppliers, employees, customers, partners and communities are building better together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
Atkore is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electrical, mechanical, and safety infrastructure solutions to power and protect the world. With approximately 3,900 employees and 65 manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore manufactures electrical conduit, cable management systems, armored cable, metal framing, and security products and solutions and is a recent recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification. Atkore's commitment to quality, delivery and value helps customers realize their vision. Atkore forges relationships and shapes the future with breakthrough results, enhanced technology, and innovative product offerings.
Atkore, a recent recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification, is currently searching for Small Parts Assembly Operators to be based out of Wayne, MI. The positions available are on 2ND Shift, M-F 3:30PM - 11:30PM. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, this person will set up and operate the auto-bagger machine, operate the top-grip machine, and drive the industrial truck.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the Auto Bagger and Top Grip Machines to meet customer demand
- Pack product, weigh, and label finished boxes appropriately
- Ensure quality standards are met for parts produced; notify appropriate support for nonconforming parts
- Must maintain production standards to meet internal and external customer demand
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding hourly rate goals
- Responsible for completing the Hour-by-Hour board(s) for the duration of shift
- Responsible for following the Order Board process to ensure on-time delivery
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all paperwork, transactions, tags, etc.
- Adhere to all Life Saving Rules, including: Lock-Out, Tag-Out (LOTO), Machine Guarding/Bypassing Safety Controls, and Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) safety protocols
- Ensure Safety, Delivery, Quality, and Cost metrics are met daily
- Support 5S initiatives in assigned work areas
- All other duties as assigned
- One year of manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic math and verbal skills
- Must be trained and certified in all required material handling equipment, including powered industrial trucks
- Ability to learn to use and maintain equipment and machinery
- Ability to follow standard work processes and operate with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to lead, assist, and/or instruct employees in the performance of their duties, as requested
- Flexibility of shift scheduling, to include overtime and weekends
- Demonstrate Atkore Core Values - Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- Must possess a positive attitude, be a team player, and have strong work ethic
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)