Staff Accountant I
- Job Reference: 425085920-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Seminole Gaming
- Location: Hollywood, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Seminole Classic Casino pioneered Indian gaming when it opened as the country's first large stakes bingo hall in 1979, eventually expanding with gaming machines and poker. The landmark casino is now home to over 1,000 state-of-the-art, newest-title slot machines and other local favorites such as Diamond Lottos, Fort Knox, Pirate's Loot. The gaming leader also offers 24/7 live table game action with games including Blackjack, Baccarat, Spanish 21, Three Card Poker and many more. Seminole Classic Casino also features the Hollywood Hall entertainment pavilion and the Stage Bar, a full-service bar that features live entertainment nightly. Patrons can enjoy the EATstreet dining area with food options such as Soygood, Slice and Mojoe as well as a burger and wing joint named Flying Cow.
Our Commitment to Service:We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, the incumbent, either personally or through subordinates, directs the activities of gaming and non gaming accounting, revenue controls, cash operations, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, collections, food and beverage accounting, accounts receivable, receiving and general cashiering.
May include but are not limited to:
* Reconcile complex general ledger accounts monthly including research and resolution of discrepancies.
* Reconcile sub-ledgers to GL as required.
* Maintain and enhance financial systems and reporting mechanisms.
* Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
* Participate in month end, quarter end and year end closings.
* Comply with Internal controls and best practices, and assist in other accounting projects as requested.
* Provide information for auditors and other special projects.
* A Bachelors degree in accounting or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting preferred.
* Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university.
* A minimum of 2 years experience in accounting is required (4-6 without degree).
* Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
* Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
* Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
* Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
* Must be skilled in use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
* Must have very good verbal skills.
* Must be able to work in a smoking environment
* Able to lift up to 25lbs
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen