- Job Reference: 425084120-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
Title: General Staff
Location: Norfolk, VA
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC), is seeking your talent to join our team. An opportunity to work at WEC is an opportunity for you to be in the drivers seat of your career. You have the ability to choose what areas of expertise interest you and you control how quickly you want to grow your career. WECs formal mentoring program, available firm wide, can help guide you as you navigate your career with the firm. Your mentor, managers, and shareholders are all available with open doors, ready and eager to help you succeed. Our collaborative work spaces throughout the office are available for you to use while you host formal meetings, technical trainings, or clients interviews.
When you join us at WEC youre not just joining an accounting firm, youre joining the WEC family. At WEC you can structure your daily schedule to suit your lifestyle. Do you have to pick the kids up from school today or drop your pet off at the vet? WEC understands. The shareholders at WEC want to show you their appreciation for all of your hard work by hosting various events throughout in the area (tax deadline parties, family and alumni socials, holiday gatherings etc.).
Its the combination of all of these things that make working at WEC more than a job, its the WECxperience. See below for other benefits, job details and apply on our website today.
Check out our Instagram account to see what the day-to-day culture is like at WEC.
Position Summary: Works with A&A/Tax Seniors, Supervisors and Managers in preparation of compilation, review and audit engagements, prepares tax returns and drafts financial statements.
* You are responsible for preparing and drafting financial statements under prescribed format
* You are responsible for preparing portions of compilation, review and audit engagements
* You are responsible for preparing tax returns
* You demonstrate knowledge of computer applications routinely used
* You are energized by developing relationships with clients and demonstrate proficiency in assisting clients with routine accounting functions
* You understand the risk-based approach and basic file structure for engagements
* You recognize assertions and relevant internal controls considerations for engagement areas assigned
* You gather appropriate evidence using effective client inquiries, test of details, and basic analytic procedures
* You evaluate audit differences and develop conclusions based on evidence found
* You demonstrate the ability to prepare and complete engagement documentation
* You effectively communicate to client and supervisor information regarding project status
* You seek to improve your own performance by identifying own strengths and areas for improvement and applying feedback provided to future work
* 1-2 years relevant work experience required
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Previous tax or audit experience in public accounting firm required
* CPA Certification preferred
* Drive to contribute to a dynamic collaborative team environment