Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Located in historic Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort expands over 6 acres on a serene part of the island with Atlantic Ocean front views, gorgeous Key West architecture, and all the amenities you desire in a beach resort. Just a short walk or bike ride from Key West's boutique shops, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, and non-stop nightlife, the resort spans over two city blocks and offers guest rooms that are located within easy reach of both the beach and world-famous Duval Street.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining accurate and timely financial resporting; ensuring acceptable levels of internal control; ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and Highgate Hotels Standard Operating Procedures; and safeguarding owners/investors assets. For this role, the emphais is placed on the management of Payroll, Income Audit and Accounts Receivable processing and collections
* Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with Highgate Hotels required due dates.
* Income Audit including entering information into the BiPortal on a daily basis.
* Utilize and maintain time and attendance system and process, daily, weekly, and bi-weekly payroll and related information to include verifying payroll information, recording earnings/deductions., etc.
* Prepare and input all required payroll journal entries.
* Maintain responsibility for the daily Accounts Receivable credit, billing, and collection process.
* Monitor payment requirements on groups or functions and process deposits.
* Approve or decline credit requests.
* Complete collection calls on each appropriate outstanding accounts and maintain collection files on each outstanding issue.
* Review and approve the City Ledger transfers daily and communicate to supervisor any deviation from established Accounting policies and procedures.
* Handle customer inquries in a professional and timely manner, provide customers with accurate invoices, statements, and schedules.
* Process returned checks and credit card chargebacks.
* Conduct monthly credit meetings and maintain minutes (including returned checks/chargeback logs, credit trace reports, write-off, bad debt allowances, etc.)
* Partner with the Sales and Events Team by establishing customer credit, including but no limited to application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, and deposit requirements.
* Maintain an efficient collection process to include organized filing and tracing system, issuing letter, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
* Update daily revenue reports both for internal distribution and corporate distribution.
* Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
* Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurances and/or significant deviations.
* Reconcile invoices against ledgers or schedules to ensure accuracy of invoicing.
* Assist in the monthly close process by posting journal entries that are related to daily/monthly responsibilities.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction by attentive listening and then immediately resolving guest issues or elevatiung to the Director of Finance or General Manager.
* Cross-Train in other areas within the Accounting Department including accounts payable.
* Ability to identify root causes of issues that may affect staff or guests and provide actionable and measurable solutions to improve efficiency, overall work environment, and/or guest experience
* College courses in an associated or related field and/or related experience in an Hotel or Hospitality environment
* Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office (Intermediate Excel and Basic Word)
* Accounts Receivable and Payroll experience is preferred
* Hotel PMS Opera is preferred
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required, especially during the last and first few days of the month
* Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a professional, attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meeting and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotels Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
* Comply with Highgate Hotels Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guests or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by managment.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.