- Job Reference: 425085679-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Johnson Matthey
- Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
Johnson Matthey ('JM') is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers' products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet's natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Global Staff Scientists will lead development workstreams in the New Production Introduction (NPI) IDEA and EVALUATE phases. They will deliver improved products, formulas, process and systems to the Operations organization for DEVELOP to CLOSEOUT Phases.
* Lead Idea and Evaluate Phase NPI teams that align with the strategy and objectives of the SEC Organization.
* Build and manage budgets for those workstreams, ensure timely reporting of milestones, risks and issues and present phase reviews to the leadership team.
* Design, sponsor and/or conduct experiments to develop new catalysts, materials or exhaust emission control systems in a resource-effective manner.
* Build strong working relationships with the other Global Development Hubs, Commercial, Business Development and Operations peers.
* Participate in business development activities, scoping future opportunities in terms of potential products or applications.
* Lead or participate in University research programs helping to define program scope and planning experiments.
* Deliver technical presentations to customers on new products and train Commercial/Operation peers on their key characteristics
* Support the commercial team in the sizing of catalyst systems for design situations at the limits of our current design strategies and in generating data for the development of next generation catalyst models.
* Support the department during audits (EH&S, QMS, EMS, Security, etc.) when required.
* Support a strong safety culture.
* Maintain knowledge in field of expertise through regular patent and literature reviews and attendance of appropriate conferences.
* Ensure that processes, procedures and documentation being used to conduct daily activities are following the requirements of the Quality Management Systems (ISO/IATF16949) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001) prescribed to by the site.
* To take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
* PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Science; or a Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of related experience
* Strong heterogeneous catalysis background
* Hands on experience on catalyst preparation, gas/solid phase catalytic reaction testing, and characterization
* Strong knowledge of material science, inorganic compounds