Founded in 1995, Orenda Education currently operates five public, tuition-free charter school campuses in Central Texas with a total district enrollment of 1,900. Our mission is to create new and innovative school choice opportunities in Central Texas for families seeking an alternative to the large, more traditional public school system. Each of our campuses serves a community educational niche that differs from the large traditional school model in several ways, from the smaller school size and project based learning to integration of twenty first century learning technology in all classes. With its existing assets, infrastructure, and systems in place, the organization is poised to grow to seven campuses and a total district enrollment of 2,500 over the next several years.
REPORTS TO: CAMPUS ADMINISTRATOR
SALARY RANGE: DAILY RATE:
(Plus $20.00 long term, 15 days or more)
WORK DAYS: ON-CALL
In the absence of the campus Teacher, provide students with supervision and appropriate learning activities to continue instruction without interruption.
- Follow teacher lesson plans and present information and instruction to help students learn subject matter and skills.
- Maintain classroom instruction that is compatible with the campus and district-wide curriculum goals
- Interact effectively with students, staff and parents.
- Adhere to established laws, policies, rules and regulations as presented in the district's Employee Handbook, Substitute guidelines and district policies.
- Ability to work well with students, staff and parents.
- Ability to communicate verbally and writing effectively.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with children in an educational setting preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred.
- Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Frequent walking.
- Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment.
- Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise.
- Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours.
Please visit to apply
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $100.00 per day
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience with children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Organizational skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location