HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Supply Planning ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role, you will be part of the Supply Chain team and report directly to the site Senior Manager of Supply Chain, and you will participate in multiple cross-functional initiatives for Amgen Ohio (AOH) leading to the improvement of the overall planning process applying enterprise-wide programs. In addition, you will organize, drive, and/or support the identification and implementation of related Supply Chain systems and processes. The Manager, Supply Chain Planning will be the systems and process expert for Amgens Planning systems and sub-systems. As the expert you will develop and provide education and training to all impacted departments. This role is also responsible for identifying, establishing, modeling, and monitoring key performance measures that will insure the achievement of Best Practices across Amgen sites. The Manager, Supply Chain Planning will serve as a key Planning representative on various cross-functional task forces and teams to ensure that consistent and well-integrated practices are developed throughout the organization. This role requires consistent and strong communication within Supply Chain, throughout all of Amgen and across all sites and may directly or indirectly manage the activities of other staff members or outside consultants. This role may also manage team of 2 people ensuring a robust performance management, staff development, and succession & retention planning.
As the Manager, Supply Chain Planning, you will play a key role at the Amgen Ohio site ensuring supply reliability, efficiency, agility, and differentiation in service offerings. You will interact on a frequent basis with the Manufacturing, Regional Supply Chain, Global Planning, Site Commercialization and Process Development teams. Your input will be fundamental in reaching the site goals and the strategic positioning of Amgen Ohio via scenario analysis; you will play key role in the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process, by preparing for the Supply Review, take up Scenario planning, and make proposals for management decision making.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support the Integrated Business Planning process for AOH Site, including executive reviews of Demand, Supply Capacity and Inventory Plans, Life Cycle Management and Raw Material Governance
- Responsible for managing the planning processes that cover different horizons (long, mid-term planning) impacting Amgen Ohio
- Ensure adequate use of capacity and appropriate inventory levels to serve every patient every time
- Control cost and cash impact associated by your supply plans, by minimizing scrap exposure and maintain targets inventory level
- Measure and report on Key Supply Chain Key Performance measures and drive continuous improvement using Amgen standard tools and methods
- Ensure maximum use of Supply Chain systems, ensure master data and transactional data accuracy for planning systems and drive data driven decision making
- Accountability for the daily operations of the Amgen Ohio Supply Chain planning organization and responsible for meeting budget targets
- Organize, analyze, and communicate metrics and data to highlight operations performance.
- Clear communication and presentation skills both within and outside operations functions.
- Develop solutions to departmental and cross-functional business problems through in-depth analysis, coordination, and negotiation with key decision makers.
- Manage technical and ambiguous issues to identify critical factors to enable decision making.
- Respond effectively to crises and resolve issues arising from competing objectives, limited resources, or differing perspectives.
- Contribute to strategic decisions affecting operations.
- Build diverse, impactful teams and create an inclusive environment which brings together different backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Serve as a role model and mentor, designing opportunities for career development.
- Build cross-functional relationships to develop and garner support for shared programs.
- Influence a broad spectrum of partners toward achieving business goals.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Supply Chain professional we seek is a leader with strong strategic problem solver with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of Supply Chain experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Supply Chain experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Supply Chain experience
High School Diploma/GED and 12 years of Supply Chain experience
- Business Administration, Supply Chain & Logistics Management, Material Management and/or Industrial Engineering educational background.
- Good understanding of ERP-SAP, Rapid Response - Kinaxis
- APICS CPIM, CSCP or SCOR-P certified.
- 4+ years of Supply Chain Management.
- Operational Excellence experience in regulated industry.
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, GDP OSHA).
- Proficient user of software applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Smart sheet, Skype, Tableau).
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Negotiating, Budgeting, Goal setting, Resource Planning and Decision-Making skills.
- Executive presence with a strategic thinking skill set.
- Change management skills and understanding the role of sponsor.
- Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communication
- Continuous improvement mentality.
- Experience working in a global environment, ability to communicate effectively at different management levels.
- Availability for international business trips and to support non-standard shift organization with the flexibility to work extended hours.
- Knowledge of staff relations with the ability to coach, mentor and counsel staff when needed.
- Knowledge of basic compensation system practices and methodologies.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.