We Are Hiring:
Ascension St. Joseph-Elgin is looking for a caring and compassionate Patient Care Technician to work at our Elgin hospital.
Opportunity for FT Day or Night shifts; 7am - 7pm or 7pm-7:am, 3 x 12 hour shifts a week, rotating weekends and holidays.
Sign-On Bonus Available: $3,000 (full time)
Title: Patient Care Technician
Department: Nursing Med Surg Units
Schedule: Full-Time, Evening and Day Shifts; Part-Time, Day Shift
Weekend and Holiday rotation
Hospital: St. Joseph Elgin
Location: 77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60123-4912
This role is eligible for a $3,000 (full time) $1500.00 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer and meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
As an associate, you will enjoy a full benefits package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have opportunity for continued learning with education reimbursement and career advancement.
Ascension represents one of the largest hospital systems in Illinois, with 15 acute care hospitals and 4 specialty hospitals devoted to behavioral health, long-term care, physical rehabilitation and women and children's needs.
What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nursing student who has completed one semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.