Universal Banker - Travel
- Job Reference: 425084196-2
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Recruiter: Ameris Bancorp
- Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Universal Banker performs sales and services functions in a traditional Branch. The position is responsible for Teller duties by accurately processing transactions and providing prompt, efficient customer service and acts as a consultant to customers by educating on products and services, conducting customer financial profiles, identifying customer needs, cross-selling and up-selling opportunities. The position is relied upon to facilitate lending processes and contributes to the financial growth of the banking center. The Universal Banker I performs a broad range of banking center operations activities providing services to customers while demonstrating the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
* Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
* Contributes to the financial growth of the banking centers through establishing, expanding and retaining high-value consumer and business customer relationships.
* Applies need-based sales techniques and conducts customer financial profiles to attract, expand, and retain customer relationships by identifying products and services to enhance the customer relationship with the bank.
* Operates the teller drawer, performs varied account and customer servicing accountabilities. Performs accurate transactions, balancing each day and verifying cash totals.
* Administers lending processes, educates customers regarding lending options, completes thorough loan applications and documentation and facilitates lending determination systems and processes.
* Proactively communicates with current and prospective customers to educate, ensure understanding, resolve issues, develop and maintain customer loyalty and solicit customer feedback to improve bank performance.
* Maintains knowledge of banking products and promotions.
* Responsible for making recommendations to supervisors concerning the budgetary needs of the Branch and methods to improve the Retail Banking experience.
* Accountable for achievement of defined sales and service goals.
* Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris's core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
* Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
* Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
* Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships.
* Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations.
* Able to be flexible and supportive reacting swiftly to change and adjusting priorities.
* Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products and services.
* Computer proficiency.
* Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and ability to meet or exceed sales and service goals.
* Successful completion of Teller training program and passing score on training post-test.
Industry and Work Experience:
* 1 or more years of experience as a Teller in Retail Banking.
* 1 or more years of experience as a Personal Banker in Retail Banking.
* Completion of training in Consumer Lending or equivalent consumer lending experience.
* High school diploma or GED required.
Travel is required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.