WE'RE LOOKING FOR THE CRAZY ONES THAT ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
Newchip is a global virtual startup accelerator that provides world changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, mentorship, and network necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to exit.
We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team.
We've helped fund over $300M into companies and are looking for team members that want to truly help startups.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.
That being said, we're a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
* Personal Integrity - We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
* Humble & Coachable - We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
* Self Motivation - We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
* Gritty Resolve - We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
* Passionately Ambitious - We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal equals personal success.
As a Venture Analyst you will be responsible for developing and building a pipeline of startup dealflow in the Pre-Seed thru Series A stages for the Newchip accelerator.
Your role will be to actively reach out to, interview, and vet qualified potential startups for the admissions team. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have superb interpersonal skills and charisma.
You will develop and execute strategies that effectively engage with startups looking to fundraise and scale; your job will be to communicate the value of the Newchip accelerator program, investor network, and other value we provide to startups and encourage startups to make applications and ultimately take a call with one of our venture associates.
Over time, your success will be measured by how many high level quality companies you are able to identify and establish relationships with to apply to our program. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time.
Newchip offers base plus uncapped commission with benefits and success based incentives. OTE is between $65,000-$75,000 with a starting base salary range is $35,000-$45,000 based on experience.
Culture Fit Requirements:
Our dream candidate's #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the job.
We want team members that will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We're looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place in our family.
We're looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the company vision. You must be able to prioritize needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance from your team members, and solve roadblocks on your own.
* Achieve agreed upon personal and team targets, quotas, and outcomes within schedule
* Reach out to qualified inbound leads through email, text, LinkedIn messaging, and direct calls
* Qualify leads, research startups, and follow through on leads to get them to apply
* Establish, develop and maintain positive business and startup relationships
* Understanding and promoting accelerator programs and company values
* Coordinate effort with team members and other departments at Newchip
* Analyze the territory/markets potential, track deals and status reports
* Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in the market
* Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team
* Proven work experience in Business Development, Sales Development, Marketing, or similar roles
* Hands-on experience with multiple dealflow development and funnel techniques
* Track record of achieving quotas and most importantly maintaining client relationships
* Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Intimate knowledge of the tech industry, our partners, and Newchip
* Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot)
* Understanding of KPI's and performance metrics
* Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills
* A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
* Be a part of a global team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a headquarters in East Austin, Texas.
* Compensation packages include competitive rates, performance incentives, equity, and company stock options.
* Covered benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances. plus we offer a 401k program.
* Up to 30 days of vacation allotted per year including PTO, Holidays, Sick Days and Election Day.
* Build culture and engage startup community with frequently planned outings and team events.
* Access to all of our certified accelerator programs if you launch a startup during your career here (valued at $250k+).
* Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with thousands of startups around the globe!